Robot Rumble 2.0 | 3D Robot Game | [ Dev Log]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) to build 2D video games. Suitable for action and shooter games
  • >

> > You made it with construct 2?

> >

>

> Yup! ??

>

> My main goal with this game is to push the limits of Construct 2 and to show that full 3D games are possible.

>

> Plus I get to use event sheets instead of coding directly in a language. It is SO much faster to get everything working in Construct 2 than in a language like C#.

>

Can you teach me how to make 3D with C2?

I can help!

What did you have in mind?

• I dont know how to make the 3D things in C2. Did you use a plugin or 3rd party or something?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I dont know how to make the 3D things in C2. Did you use a plugin or 3rd party or something?

I used a paid set of Construct 2 plugins called Q3D. You will also need 3D models to play with to make games, so a free program called "Blender" is a good place to start learning how to do 3D modeling and texturing.

• >

> I have done one walk through tutorial already, and might do more, depending on interest:

>

> https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9456/building-your-first-3d-game-with-the-q3d-plugin

>

> Is there anything in particular you would like to see?

>

Sure. My idea is a tutorial teaching how to create borders in 3D models like seen in Ultimate Spider-Man and Pokémon Sun & Moon, bringing a cartoon look-like to 3D games.

I'm playing around with the approach I described with the "shell" and flipped borders. It works, but it will take an artist to make it look good. I have it working with the Q3D "basic" shader which doesn't use any lighting information. This means only the diffuse color channel is used. It should render really quickly, but someone has to hand-paint all of the color detail in Blender. The black border just happens automatically this way.

I suppose you could do it with a Phong or Lambert shader instead of a Basic shader, but these might look a little weird because of the extra lighting/shadows. Q3D doesn't have a "toon" shader built-in.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)