[closed] Umbra... Now available on Steam

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Thanks MadSpy! Level 2 is going slowly but well - I've been distracted (once again) by my real job and had to work away from home with no computer access (desperate!!). If only I didn't have to feed myself and my family!!

I have spent a good few hours last weekend ironing out a bunch of small but niggly behavior bugs - the closer I look the more I tweaks I find the game needs... But it's progress in the right direction! I hope to have a level 2 alpha for you to try in the next couple of weeks .

• Just to add - I've also been spending a little bit of time trying to get to grips with Unity. I have a problem - the lack of a c2/c3 development plan coupled with a reliable exe export option makes me a bit nervous about investing all of my time into this game using c2. Part of my problem is that Unity is much harder to learn and use. Over the weekend I found that Umbra no longer plays audio in NW 10.5 - I have no idea why, but none of the sound files play there any more (and they used to!!). Things like that are not good for the confidence - so I'm now stuck with / committed to using the latest NW; let's hope Google can fix their own jank problem and then don't screw it up (again).

• For the moment, i haven't any export bugs with NW12 and R200 release(steam edition).

I preferred to use the EU4 instead of Unity for another project. ( but I think at times to switch the current project on EU4 )

I hope to have a level 2 alpha for you to try in the next couple of weeks .

I'll take time to do that

• I hope that this makes it through all of the spam .

Here's a link to the alpha demo of Level 2.

The layout contains more objects than level 1 and there's more going on - I would appreciate any feedback on performance, especially if there's any jank, periodic stuttering or just plain old slow framerate problems.

Thanks!!

• Hi,

The new animations of landing ( and those of death) are really nice. Amazing level (even if gravity is still a bit weak on jumping or falling) .

You're on the right way !!!

But I found something , PM sent

• OK,

A quick update here. These are a few bugs & areas of interest for my work:

Rope climb - the player can climb off the rope when the rope is at non-vertical angles. It was all going so well...

Random deaths - a couple of random deaths have been reported. Of course, I have not been able to duplicate these (yet). If anyone encounters a random death, please let me know about it, with game/player conditions at the time as well, if possible. There should be no random deaths!!!

If anyone encounters any more snags then please feedback - I like being kept busy!

I'm going to try tweaking the game gravity this weekend to see if I can get a slightly quicker jump effect. Backing up all of my files first, though....

• Game breaking changes have been implemented .

Not really. But hopefully some improvements.... What I mean is I've increased the gravity, so jumps and falls are more interesting, and I've adjusted the rope climb mechanism (for the gravity change and so you have better control climbing up and down).

• I just saw another game with that name, Umbra. Hopefully, it won't interfere with yours having the same name, but I just thought I would let you know.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • DrewMelton,

Noooooooo! At least the gameplay looks nothing like my concept. Maybe I'll ask the community for name suggestions when mine's nearer to completion. Dammit!

• Noooooooo! At least the gameplay looks nothing like my concept. Maybe I'll ask the community for name suggestions when mine's nearer to completion. Dammit!

I know how you feel, lol. When I was thinking of names for my game (which I haven't posted yet), it's like every time, some clown somewhere already put it down for some little piddly board game or out of nowhere video game. It drove me so crazy I started making lists and put down ideas whenever I thought of something so I'd actually be able to get a good name when my game is ready, and preferably with an available .com.

• Some things are not easily done (efficiently) in c2. However, I really enjoy putting this sort of thing together because it's so quick to do .

• Some things are not easily done (efficiently) in c2. However, I really enjoy putting this sort of thing together because it's so quick to do .

Whoa, gory. Wasn't expecting that...

On a lighter note, that rope/falling animation looks great. Keep it up!

• Thanks TiAm!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lights effects are always so nice (smoke too)^^

• Its looking really nice. Very unforgiving though. I must admit i cant get past the fire spouting pipes

I assume you have to jump from one side to the other but when i jump i cant seem to figure out how to hang on to the opposite wall.

Personally not keen on the action keys but i assume in the full game there will be options to assign those.

Keep up the good work

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)