- Map size expanded
- Oasis added. Must traverse the desert maze to get to it
- 2nd Enemy Type added
- Random drops by enemies
- Coins added (dropped by enemies)
- Shuriken vending machine (too lazy to make full shop)
- A few other surprises, including...
- Last but not Least: Easter Eggs. Literally, 3 eggs hidden in desert. AJAX/PHP/mySQL table added to track who finds them. If that doesn't mean anything to you then simply put, when you find an egg you will know how many other have found it ("You are the 1st person to find this egg") and be able to submit your name.
Hope you enjoy and happy egg hunting! (feel free to comment and let me know if you find them or not!)
(will post more images in new post)
Original First Post:
Today, for practice, I decided to recreate from scratch something similar to Legend of Zelda.
Check it out here: (just one screen, will take 30 seconds. Keyboard required )
http://www.loubagel.com/archives/zeldap ... index.html
I probably worked on it somewhere from 7-9 hours. I thought I would be able to get a lot farther than this but I am still happy. The pixel art took up the majority of the time. I'm really new to art and pretty new to game development (haven't completed any games).
I'm always appreciative of feedback (I know animations aren't greatâ€”was trying to move on for time reasons) but I'm more interested to hear if anyone wants to share how they compare time-wise. As in, how long do you expect it would take you to complete this?
I feel pretty good about how much I completed in that time. As I said, I thought I would get much farther, but forgot how many animations required, the time redoing animations that look off, and troubleshooting event bugs. It's much easier though when you are copying a lot of features from a game you have played a lot!
The main reason I shared though:
Who doesn't love the Legend of Zelda?! Hope this will allow you to reminisce for a minute or two!