[Tutorial game]Don't fall - Needs your feedback !

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Link to the game in the arcade.

I plan on releasing the source and making a few videos to explain how the game was made once I'm satisfied with it, and features like the arcade's leaderboards are available and implemented.

For now, I've tried my best to convey the controls of the game.

I'm wondering if they work as they stand, or if a modification like click/tap to jump, click/tap to grab and hang to a liana, click/tap when hanging from a liana to jump to another one would would work best in your opinion.

The game as it stands has received a single vote of a one star, I'm wondering how I can improve on the game.

Knowing I'm keeping the game under the 100 events limit, this is meant to be a "small" game anyway, still cute and challenging.

Current version is 1.0.0.r (displayed on the title/tuto screen).

I'm waiting for your feedback, thanks in advance.

---

New update - 1.0.0.r

Rework of the screen title

Modification of the game interface

.. * Addition of arrows which allow to change the balancing speed

.. * Return to allowing any click rather than clicking on specific buttons

.. * "Show how to play" displays messages and "freezes" the game at first to allow the user to read some of those messages.

.. * Disabling "Show how to play" removes the touch image as well as the helping text.

Thanks for all the previous and coming feedback, and thanks for the votes bringing up the note.

• I like the idea. I see only one problem, sometimes it's impossible to grab the next liana, because the one I'm hanging on and the next one have the same pendulum velocity.

• That's on my "todo list" as a "bug" to improve on.

Thanks

• Nice mon... to keep it under 100 events preety cool for a training project as well.

• Hey !

Things that wasn't intuitive for me (I played on computer) :

I thought I could click anywhere I wanted and not just on the icon.

I didn't notice the "touch to start" button. (And, same thing, I thought I could click anywhere)

(And if you're interrested, I did 13 on my first try.)

• The whole intro/menu explanation was a bit much imo.

I would skip the first part, and start where the players needs to click to jump.

There add, "click to jump and grab on" or something alike

My thoughts behind it: explain as you go while being interactive, the whole "read first, do later" ... well, I'll do it later

Subject: [Tutorial game]Don't fall - Needs your feedback !

That's on my "todo list" as a "bug" to improve on.

Different sway speeds ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the feedback.

lennaert: I tend to agree, the issue with those peculiar controls is how do you provide a "as you go" learning experience when the user needs to keep a touch/click down to hang to the liana ?

That's my biggest issue.

Although I have ideas on how I can implement this.

Keeping the title screen for the leaderboard is not too bad.

To correct the issue with the lianas speed, I'll add some way to control the balancing speed of the liana we are grabbing. That would make more sense, and add a bit of fun/control to the game.

regisRquoi: Thanks for the feedback and nice score for a first try.

I'll work on the interface to make it more obvious you have to touch specific areas.

• Nice idea, i like it.

• Perhaps, If you would 'sort of' loop the tutorial as long as you have not leaped over 1 vine.

for instance, a var determining over how many vines you successfully leaped, LeapedVines = 0

LeapedVines = 0

LeapedVines = 0

PlayerAble to grab vine

set Tut text = "Quickly touch to jump and grab the vine" (show icon finger touching)

Leapvines=0

Player airborn 1

set Tut text = "Quick grab the vine" (show icon putting finger down)

Leapvines=0

Player Holding down on vine

set Tut text = "Let go to jump to the next vine and grab it again" (show finger down to let go icon)

Leapvines=0

Player Airborn 2

set Tut text = "Quickly grab the vine" (show finger hold icon)

2nd vines grabbed Leapvines + 1

something like that

• New update - 1.0.0.r

Rework of the screen title

Modification of the game interface

.. * Addition of arrows which allow to change the balancing speed

.. * Return to allowing any click rather than clicking on specific buttons

.. * "Show how to play" displays messages and "freezes" the game at first to allow the user to read some of those messages.

.. * Disabling "Show how to play" removes the touch image as well as the helping text.

Thanks for all the previous and coming feedback, and thanks for the votes bringing up the note.

• reminds me of the game Mougly , where you have to jump and get to monkeys snakes and other cool characters , so awesome thanks for this small game, made me reminded the good times i had when i was a kid playng this kind of games

• This is so much fun!

I suck at it, though. 8 lianas only, for me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)