Thumb Space

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • Theihe I just noticed you were playing "Thumb Space Testing". That version is purposely built without death in order to test the drone spawning. I don't actually know why I haven't removed this build haha

Well then there should be no issue! Sorry I didn't look into it before posting in the forum ^^;;

Do you think you could give me the measurement for the spaceships? I'd like to enter the competition if it's still open (:

• Theihe I can do one better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynucdmydzdwcf ... w.png?dl=0

That's a link to the original 30x37px Sparrow. I should also note that the gun in the middle needs to be at least 4px wide.

• Theihe I can do one better: dropbox.com/s/ynucdmydzdwcf ... w.png?dl=0

That's a link to the original 30x37px Sparrow. I should also note that the gun in the middle needs to be at least 4px wide.

Hello again Hayes!

Here's my contribriution: https:// (__)drive. (___)google. (___)com/folderview?i (___) d=0ByjXOhsi9ATDR3hGbEJJWUlrTjg (___) &usp=sharing

There are two files since I didn't know how important it was for the mid section to be round (:

I'd love to test the game, but I'm unable to send you a pm here on scirra because my rep is too low (500 needed), go ahed and add me on Skype (id: Theihe) or send me an email at Dante-lundelljqi@hotmail.com.

I hope to hear from you, have a great day!

• > Theihe I can do one better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynucdmydzdwcf ... w.png?dl=0

>

> That's a link to the original 30x37px Sparrow. I should also note that the gun in the middle needs to be at least 4px wide.

>

Hello again Hayes!

Here's my contribriution: https:// (__)drive. (___)google. (___)com/folderview?i (___) d=0ByjXOhsi9ATDR3hGbEJJWUlrTjg (___) &usp=sharing

There are two files since I didn't know how important it was for the mid section to be round (:

I'd love to test the game, but I'm unable to send you a pm here on scirra because my rep is too low (500 needed), go ahed and add me on Skype (id: Theihe) or send me an email at Dante-lundell@hotmail.com.

I hope to hear from you, have a great day!

That's really awesome Theihe thanks for entering!

So I completely forgot to mention it here among the chaos, but Thumb Space is now live on the app store! https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/thumbsp ... 04838?mt=8

• -snip-

Tried playing it and I feel like the "stop and click to shoot" feels very clunky

Maybe having the ship automatically shoot would open up a lot of more designs for level design? Just my take on it (:

The art is stunning, and the animations puts a smile on my face! Keep up the good work!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > -snip-

>

Tried playing it and I feel like the "stop and click to shoot" feels very clunky

Maybe having the ship automatically shoot would open up a lot of more designs for level design? Just my take on it (:

The art is stunning, and the animations puts a smile on my face! Keep up the good work!

Theihe The control over shooting is what gives it diversity. If you want an auto shooting shmup, trust me, there's thousands. I'll admit, it can take some players time to get use to it. I'm always working on how to introduce the concept to a new player.

Thanks!

• -snip-

Yeah you're very right on that (:

My suggestion would be to test out how it would feel to be able to shoot with a separate thumb- while flying with the other one- or maybe have the ship automatically snap to where you're pressing?

This is just my take on it though, and the game might be either better or worse with itterations, but testing something out to make it feel more approachable never hurt (:

• > -snip-

>

Yeah you're very right on that (:

My suggestion would be to test out how it would feel to be able to shoot with a separate thumb- while flying with the other one- or maybe have the ship automatically snap to where you're pressing?

This is just my take on it though, and the game might be either better or worse with itterations, but testing something out to make it feel more approachable never hurt (:

Theihe Can't argue with that. I actually experimented with the ship snapping to the players touch, it wasn't something I personally liked as it opened up allot of possibilities for glitching. Though it would be fun as a future power-up that could be added to the prize pool. Something similar might also work well for the bullet giving it an auto fire powerup.

The next beta release we'll be experimenting with new ways of reloading (potentially with a docking platform) which will hopefully free some room on the HUD as right now their isn't enough room for more powerups.

If you folks have any ideas for reloading I'd love to hear them!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)