[PRE-ALPHA] Horror Space Exploration Adventure Game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Slowly but steady - I'm getting there. Nothing too fancy because its like 2nd week of Dev.

HIGH QUALITY VER>>> http://imgur.com/gallery/J5qpK

TRAILER!

↓↓ Click this thing ↓↓

↑↑ Click this thing ↑↑

!!!NEW 2016-07-19!!!

!!!NEW 2016-07-20!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To put it simply: A space game went on a date with HR Giger, got wasted and then crazy and had a baby. That baby - is my game.

I love space and everything related. That includes video games, of course. I love the exploration, space battles, huge chunks of metals exploding, lasers being fired. But also the unknown, the feeling of isolation, the numb silence of void.

I also love horror movies and games. Everything twisted, surreal, nightmarish. Alien and Event Horizon frenchise are one of the best examples where Sci-Fi blends with horror genre. And the game will be like that.

As for gameplay - I don't want this to be a shooter type. More like Thief in space. You are fragile, but you also got big guns. So you have to aim carefuly, wait and watch for a good opportunity. Thats for combat.

Now what else - scavenging, surviving. You fly around, collect hidden goodies. Use what you find to upgrade, expand and recover. Try to stay alive as long as possible. Robinson Crusoe in space?

When you are not fighting, running away or scavenging - you dive deep into the game world, trying to understand what exactly is this place, this space. So lots of storytelling. The end of course is when you'll find a way out. But in the meantime - you encounter various events. A bit FTL: Faster Than Light -like. So adventure like pop ups. Sudden scary occurence. Oh and you can walk around your ship.

This is by far not the whole package, but at this stage of development - I just don't want to say too much. I would like to surprise people with features and depth. Not spoil the fun before the game is even done.

• Love the backgrounds, they look really cool, as does the lighting.

Looking forward to seeing some more.

• Love the backgrounds, they look really cool, as does the lighting.

Looking forward to seeing some more.

Thx mate. I am using a lot of normal maps, shadowing and other 2.5d tricks to make the 2d feel a lot more like 3d.

• two new more

• it's so pretty what a great use of colour also I have never seen a horror game about space exploration I am very interested, I hope you post more soon

• it's so pretty what a great use of colour also I have never seen a horror game about space exploration I am very interested, I hope you post more soon

Thank you very kindly mate And oh I will! Stay tuned! Tomorrow I'm starting adding monsters and Mobs<->Player interactions. Things should start getting more interesting from here now.

About the Horror + Space Exploration. Imagine sandboxy Deadspace. Thats where I am heading. I am actually developing a game I would love to play myself.

Thank you again!

• Graphically this looks really appealing... can't wait to see some action footage

The motion will really give the verdict - it usually does, no matter what the graphics look like. I'm expecting some really visceral feeling action

~Sol

• Graphically this looks really appealing... can't wait to see some action footage

The motion will really give the verdict - it usually does, no matter what the graphics look like. I'm expecting some really visceral feeling action

~Sol

Actually I was very sad because it looks like crap on screenshots vs in action lol. I'll try and fix up a video. But the problem is my 7 years old PC Recording even windows minesweeper makes my frame drop.

• That sounds interesting - Nice background ^^

You actually inspired me to shot a quick teaster video. Should be up later. Stay tuned. Its far from perfect but ended up being quite cool,

That sounds interesting - Nice background ^^

Thx mate. If everything goes as planed and the game will actually gain some following - your Steam plugin will gain another sale.

• I can't wait to have a look

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't wait to have a look

~Sol

I am actually quite flattered by your anticipation =)

I am really putting my heart and soul into this thing. The most interesting design I had ever created. Then again... My designs were never that good to begin with lol.

I'll be dropping the video in around 4h from now.

• I'll be asleep by then (it's 12:30AM here now) but I'll be sure to have a look in the morning

I want to see, because your graphics are quite stunning - so seeing it motion is really going to be cool

~Sol

• I'll be asleep by then (it's 12:30AM here now) but I'll be sure to have a look in the morning

I want to see, because your graphics are quite stunning - so seeing it motion is really going to be cool

~Sol

Wow! Past midnight? Where do you live?

And wow again - thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me. No PR/asslicking. To be honest I was very worried will other people find this attractive. I mean, I have a very umm, "specific" taste of visuals. Many of things I find beautiful - other people see as disturbing or creepy. I was afraid (And I still am) that this odd ball might push off many people.

As of the video - sadly it doesn't look as good as I hope for it to be. My PC is 7 years old and its graphic card is at dying point. So I couldn't record it in Full HD, 1920x1080 resolution. Had to downres it to 1024/576 in order to get that 60FPS. At 1080p it become a slideshow. I mean, only when recording. When playing in fullscreen, even on garbage PC, I rarely see any drop below 60 FPS. Plus the video was made in hurry.

I am not really aiming for fame at this point, because I am still far away from finishing the game. Just wanted some feedback and motivation. There is nothing more depressing than working on something that no one else knows about.

You know what? Ah screw that. I'll send you the link right now. But don't share it around. Not yet. Too soon.

Take it as a "thank you", for your kind words and support =)

• Aaaaand... here we go. As promised...

So you wanted moving pictures eh? To see if this isn't just a fancy photoshop mockup? Then get those here moving.

Now, without the hype: the Teaser is kind a crap. Because the game is still in early alpha. So there is not much to show. Moreover - my garbage of PC is 7 years old with a dying graphic card. So recording even a bloody Minesweeper in 60FPS is a challange. In order for this thing to be recorded in 60 FPS - I had to record it in a '90s resolution, which was around 640/360, and then stretch to fit in video editing soft.

The whole teaser took me around 30 minutes to make so yeah... don't expect any fireworks. Quite frankly - the less you expect, the better for you. Anyway, umm. Yeah. Knock yourself out.

Still reading? Hm. Alright. So now without that "wise-guy" attitude... Jokes off - I am really putting my heart and soul into this one. I know its not really Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer, not even close. But regardless - I hope you will enjoy the show.

?? Click this thing ??

?? Click this thing ??

Also, have a wonderful day

(and sorry for my grammar)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)