• This is my Ninja game.

game blog: http://neonninja4.wordpress.com/

Video:

• Epicopter footage.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Do a barrel roll?

• Subscribe to Construct videos now

Project Desteny Trailer

• Digitaldrugs I like the graphics expect on those asteroids they don't fit really well with other amazing stuff in my eye ^^

But im amazed

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here is the video of my side scrolling shooter. Space has been colonized and now the colonies are at war with the Earth. Oh noez! This level is supposed to be an epic space battle... think Gundam or Macross style.

Video shows basic movement, camera zooms, shooting, barrel rolling (dodge enemy fire), and a pursuit mode (which shifts the area that the player can move, forcing the player to avoid attacking enemies from behind without being able to fire at them).

The player ship is not final (it is just a scanned pencil sketch).

The goal is a dynamic side scrolling shooter that has more play options than just shoot the enemies in front of you.

All graphics, music, and sound are original (though the video didn't seem to record the audio).

• Nice effects, Strike.

Will you start off being able to move so quickly, or will you have some kind of a Gradius-style system where you move fairly slowly at first but can quickly build up your speed with power-ups?

• youtube.com/watch

That little bit of zooming at the start is classy.

• Thanks everyone.

That initial camera zoom looked a little silly until I made the background's zoom ratio -20%, so you get that real depth of field , zoom out while moving forward kind of deal.

You know I honestly haven't thought about the movement power ups. I'll have to think it over. Could be interesting.

I can't wait to get some kind of an alpha online one day soon.

• My new project. Still in development but should be ready in few months.

• Current project - until I get bored that is .

You can download the very early test here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1646976/PixPlat.exe

Cursor Keys - Move

Z - Jump

X - Shoot

First go at anything Pixel Art related.

• Current project - until I get bored that is .

You can download the very early test here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1646976/PixPlat.exe

Cursor Keys - Move

Z - Jump

X - Shoot

First go at anything Pixel Art related.

That is adorable, love it!

Criticism: The player character kinda jerks/flickers an individual frame from another sequence? whenever you stop moving.

• Nice job Minor. I like the life indicator skull. The jumping seems a bit abrupt but I'm sure that when playing the full game I'd get used to it.

One buggy thing I noticed is that a few times that I fell in the lava, a second player sprite appeared and would dissolve along with the first one. Weird. I couldn't get a lock on what was causing it, though.

• > Current project - until I get bored that is .

>

>

>

> You can download the very early test here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1646976/PixPlat.exe

>

> Cursor Keys - Move

> Z - Jump

> X - Shoot

>

> First go at anything Pixel Art related.

>

That is adorable, love it!

Criticism: The player character kinda jerks/flickers an individual frame from another sequence? whenever you stop moving.

Thank you. I think the problem you mentioned is the run cycle has a sort head bob frame so it doesn't look too stiff and when you stop running it changes to the idle stand with gun stance and there's quite a big difference between the two frames. Maybe I can smooth it out somehow.

Nice job Minor. I like the life indicator skull. The jumping seems a bit abrupt but I'm sure that when playing the full game I'd get used to it.

One buggy thing I noticed is that a few times that I fell in the lava, a second player sprite appeared and would dissolve along with the first one. Weird. I couldn't get a lock on what was causing it, though.

Thanks deadeye. I fixed the problem the event was triggering twice on the deeper pit of lava - the old trigger once while true soon fixed it though.

Oh and again thanks for the Platform School it really kickstarted my understanding with Construct.

• Make sure to watch it in HD. Same game I was working on a month ago or so, just more stuff now. Things have really progressed.

Upgraded weapons system with ammo, cooler background now, sfx, music, charged missile system, and some VERY rudimentary enemy AI (right now) that flies at you, shoots, and flies away (either to the background or foreground) after a given amount of time passes. Also the HUD is a little better, and it has some cool SpriteFont effects, for instance typed out gun information whenever you switch weapons,next to the ammo numbers. I don't think anyone will actually read that stuff, but it looks cool on the HUD.

One thing that isn't in the video is the cool zooming effects. They're still there I just turned them off for the stuff in the middle of the game for some reason while I was recording the video. >_< lol.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)