Plugins?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hello.

I am a beginner and I am staying away from plugins right now just toying around making my own platformer. So far I came up with some complicated stuff that I am struggling to make it work specially stuff like AI.

My question is, shall I be using plugins or shall I try to stay away from them?

Thank you for your time

• use anything that helps you accomplish what you need anything you are using in C2 is already a plugin

just be sure to check for outdated ones and also check for problems in your project

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The main issue with using non-standard plugins is if the creator stops maintaing the plugin.

Ashley tries not to make breaking changes, but it may sometimes be necessary. If the breaking change breaks the non-standard plugin, and the creator is no longer around, you could be well and truly stuck.

Basically, think carefully if you really need to use the extra plugins - many are just short-cuts to a series of events, and may be best not being used.

In the end though, it is entirely up to you, and some non-standard plugins - Canvas and Paster for example - are worth the risk, IMO.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)