Physics Puzzler test feedback: Mad Scientist

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully animated cartoon scientist character game sprite
  • Newest Update:

Version:0.4, is out today 3/24. It includes a level marking at the start of each new level. Some player experienced mild confusion when buying upgrades but not knowing what level to go back to. This should help remedy that. Massive tutorial update and more optimizations to the sound and code.

Previous: Updated with level lock system. Now players must progress instead of picking any level from the level select screen. For the remainder of the test however, I will be leaving in the skip to system on the main page for people who want to test newer levels. Currently there are 25 levels. 12 of which are classified as done. The next update will be BETA test! And will have the finalized version of the 25 levels.

**Mad Scientist: Black hole**

Mad Scientist http://www.jackrdavis.com/MadScientist

https://twitter.com/JackRDavis

A devious mad scientist is bent on destroying the universe by rewinding time!! You have a **near**(1) infinite amount of disposable robots at your disposal to try destroy his labratory! You will have to solve physics based puzzles using gravity, angles, momentum, time-shifting and power-ups! Early alpha but the music,graphics,mechanics, and some of the final animations are in.

Please test the first ten levels at your leisurely leisure and if you feel inclined I would love to know what you thought of the puzzles, the pacing of difficulty, and likes/dislikes. I am active on twitter and love discussing games on there! Thanks a ton!

(1) - Limited to current worlds GDP...

Cheers*

• I like it, but found a way to cheat, while trying to figure out how to play, drag the robot over all the stars, then to the crystal.

Here's the link again.

http://www.jackrdavis.com/MadScientist

• I have left that in during testing. Once the game goes into beta I will take that out. Its been a useful "cheat" for testing thus far Thanks for trying it.

• con. 1. very hard try to follow how to play

con. 2. hold and drag over all start then to crystal and win easy

• Updated game to now include a mechanic that controls the players ability to cheat levels. This had been left in for testing purposes but is becoming to distracting to testers, causing feedback to be redundant.

• Also updated with volume controls in the settings menu.

• Updated graphical queues for certain events.

• Added additional sounds and event triggers.

• CigarOfSinatra It looks great, but indeed very hard to understand, what to do and how to progress...

Maybe more explanation during the tutorial could help. Besides that, it feels potent, and has a cool style too

Keep us up to date.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Updated Tutorial to help new players learn the game more intuitively.

• Updated rewards for star collection

• 25 Levels of play, level lock system coming this weekend. Nearing beta.

• Updated with level lock system. Now players must progress instead of picking any level from the level select screen. For the remainder of the test however, I will be leaving in the skip to system on the main page for people who want to test newer levels. Currently there are 25 levels. 12 of which are classified as done.

• Newest Update:

We have entered beta! Bug fixes and new animations for obstacles. The website has been finished and will be up tomorrow. We hope everyone that would like to tries this and provides us with feedback.

• I could only aford time to play a few rounds, but WOW!!! Very impressive. Even the title screen blew my mind! I look forward to hearing more about this number. WELL done!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)