Rockit Powdered Carnage (Playable Alpha Build inside)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Intro

This one is one of my projects that im working on at the moment. I started it on may/june 2018, but i stopped to do any progress since july (desmotivation, procrastination, all of that terrible shit). But since a couple of weeks ago i came back to work on it again.

I will keep this thread updated with most progress that i make to the game.

What is it?

Its a car game inspired by old car games from the golden era of flash games, but with heavy focus on items that can boost you to the skies (heavy vertical gameplay instead of just "terrain/horizontal" gameplay like normal car games) and gun gameplay.

For now you have access to 8 types of items (gun included) and two cars and two types of enemies but more are planned to be introduced later. The game is still in VERY early development, so i can't make any promises or say any release days.

Some specs

-Engine: The engine of choice was Construct 2. Simple, yet can still handle the job for most types of games. Since i never released a game, i decided to go for something simple (both the scope of the game itself and the engine).

-Plataforms: For now, im just planning to release it on PC, but some conloes are still in my mind. I'm still thinking about a mobile port too, but I'm not sure if the game can be played properly on mobile.

-One man team: I'm the only one working on it, but maybe in the future i'm going to find a musician and artist to help me in their respective areas.

Playable build

Like i said, it's on very early stage of development, so for now it only got one test level, 2 enemy types and 8 items.

Most of the art (enemies, pickup truck, background) are placeholders that will be changed later in development. I'm working right now to improve a little bit the things that are on the game and add at least one more level to the game.

You can check the demo here: playeremers.itch.io/rpc

News:

04/03/2019 - New Build with one more level, optmizations and bugfixes. Also, i'm now using a definitive name for the game!

-

• New update!

One new level, optimizations and bugfixes done!

Also, the game now has a definitive name!

Rockit Powdered Carnage

Rockit = Rock music/Rock it/Rocket (because the game features rocket powered thrusters)

Powdered = POWder/Powered (Gun powder. Also, Rocket Powered Thrusters)

CARnage is self explanatory xd

Feedback welcome!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, it reminds me of one Flash game where you could upgrade your car and drive the parcours and crush zombies. I can't remember the name of the game though.

The game name 'jokes' are a bit over the top if you ask me. Initially I thought you spelled it wrong/made some mistake with the word 'Rockit'. I'd probably make it like 'Rock-it Powdered Carnage' instead. That makes it a bit more obvious.

Some stuff I noticed; got a bit stuck now and then, also, after the half pipe I suddenly had to drive backwards, didn't know how to 'invert' my car.

I didn't test the game that much to be honest, but if you want to make a good impression and make the game more inviting to test you need to put in appealing graphics and have fluent gameplay. I think both are missing in this stage.

I think you can play the game on mobile; just create touch joystick buttons and simulate keyboard press. You know; your basic left and right button, shoot, select weapon.

- R

• Well, it reminds me of one Flash game where you could upgrade your car and drive the parcours and crush zombies. I can't remember the name of the game though.

The game name 'jokes' are a bit over the top if you ask me. Initially I thought you spelled it wrong/made some mistake with the word 'Rockit'. I'd probably make it like 'Rock-it Powdered Carnage' instead. That makes it a bit more obvious.

Some stuff I noticed; got a bit stuck now and then, also, after the half pipe I suddenly had to drive backwards, didn't know how to 'invert' my car.

I didn't test the game that much to be honest, but if you want to make a good impression and make the game more inviting to test you need to put in appealing graphics and have fluent gameplay. I think both are missing in this stage.

I think you can play the game on mobile; just create touch joystick buttons and simulate keyboard press. You know; your basic left and right button, shoot, select weapon.

- R

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the very late reply lol

I think that suggestion you gave to me about the name is quite interesting... i might go for it

I made little to no progress this couple of months, but im working on it again

I will still tune the gameplay and level design and the graphics are mostly placeholders too

there is much to do and much to implement

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)