Feedback Request: character quality

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game mushroom character enmy sprite game art
  • Just wondering which character looks better for my RPG.

The low quality has its charms while the double quality one looks better.

• I'd say the one on the right looks better.

Why is the low quality one on the left outlined in pink?

Of course, to really judge a character's art style, it helps to see the background or environment graphics.

And it depends on how big the characters will be in-game, what kind of style you are going for, and how well you can animate them.

• Maybe add a quality settings, but if you don't want, I'd say the one the the right.

• Thank you for your feedback guys

Other one was outlined in pink because there will be three types: melee, ranged, magic (I didn't outline the big guy yet sorry D:)

Will be starting to design the backgrounds soon since I know what scale I'm working on (pixel wise)

• Pick a p^2 tile, draw to scale.

If you want upscaled, let the software render the final product for you. That will give you multiple benefits.

1 to 4, 1 to 8 ratio etc. is just a waste of time and memory.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I strongly prefer the left one but without the pink outline. Has a sort of fire emblem style to it. Could use more vivid colors and greater contrast too...looks a bit pale.

• the left will be more easily animated

• Agree with you that the left one has more charm. However I also believe that it depends on how you animate either one.

• gillenew I agree, however I don't see the point with the wierd red outline thingy.

• I'd say the one on the right looks better.

Why is the low quality one on the left outlined in pink?

Of course, to really judge a character's art style, it helps to see the background or environment graphics.

And it depends on how big the characters will be in-game, what kind of style you are going for, and how well you can animate them.

+1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)