Feedback performance request [android]

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi , I have Just published a new game 'Bushy Ball' on the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.BushyBall

Basically its a Tilt and play game, you have to guide the 'Bushy Ball' into the goal.

I am interested in the mobile performance of this game, and would appreciate any feedback regarding this.

Many thanks

• Its coool!! And impoooosible!

I finished The game

The gameplay is very nice.

My feedback:

• Delay at start of The game. But it stops.

(My specs: octa-core 1.3 GHz , 2gb RAM)

• When the time is out, nothing happens.
    • Add a little more sensiblity to The player.
    • And some stages are so hard to the level (like The 16, What a hell, you want to kill me? )

But the game is amazing.

• Its coool!! And impoooosible!

I finished The game

The gameplay is very nice.

My feedback:

- Delay at start of The game. But it stops.

(My specs: octa-core 1.3 GHz , 2gb RAM)

- When the time is out, nothing happens.

- Add a little more sensiblity to The player.

- And some stages are so hard to the level (like The 16, What a hell, you want to kill me? )

But the game is amazing.

Hi HItskin

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The start always lags a little on level one, but for the rest of the levels are fine, I have tried to optimise it, but I think its something to do with physics engine / c2 initialising on first layout ( I only have 1 layout)

Any suggestions for time out?

Level 16, great.

Well done for completing the 40 levels, I will be adding more in the coming months.

cheers

• My created games always lags on The start too.

I searched here in forum, and i found some causes.

• try to enable/disable WebGl
    • verify if The objects are destroyed if is not in use.
    • the image sampling. Change from linear to point.
    • And set The Pixel rounding to "on" (sometimes The system have to calculate many numbers (ex.: size 25.45047) and The Pixel rounding can solve this.
    • verify the Resolution of The images (sometimes you are using large images to reduce their in the layout. Try set the size of images in the size that appears on The mobile)

https://www.scirra.com/forum/how-do-i-make-my-game-stop-lagging_t115753

• My created games always lags on The start too.

I searched here in forum, and i found some causes.

- try to enable/disable WebGl

- verify if The objects are destroyed if is not in use.

- the image sampling. Change from linear to point.

- And set The Pixel rounding to "on" (sometimes The system have to calculate many numbers (ex.: size 25.45047) and The Pixel rounding can solve this.

- verify the Resolution of The images (sometimes you are using large images to reduce their in the layout. Try set the size of images in the size that appears on The mobile)

https://www.scirra.com/forum/how-do-i-make-my-game-stop-lagging_t115753

Hi , Thanks for suggestions

Unfortunately, I have tried all these optimisations, the stuttering/jank even happens on my laptop with a geforce nvidia 745 gpu i7 cpu , but only on start of layout, and only once.

Thanks again

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do all construct 2 games lag at the start? What are people doing to disguise, mitigate this.?

• Do all construct 2 games lag at the start? What are people doing to disguise, mitigate this.?

Shameless plug on an old topic, but I'm sure as you know, with C3 and the advance in mobile phones now almost negates the Lag.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)