Archer (Working title) Devlog.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Various fantasy RPG characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game.
  • I would like to suggest "Hoodies" or maybe "Hoodie" which is a combination of hood from Robin Hood and your character designs plus die which is something they will do Keep it up!

• I would like to suggest "Hoodies" or maybe "Hoodie" which is a combination of hood from Robin Hood and your character designs plus die which is something they will do Keep it up!

Thanks a lot. Not a bad idea. I kind of like it. I'll definitely keep that one in Mind.

• Made a lot of performance improvements this weekend. Cut the Z ordering CPU usage by approx 70%. And instead of Arrows checking for collisions every tick while in flight I turned off collisions for arrows & changed to use some kind of quick raycast approach, that detects collisions before the shot is fired, and then the arrow just travels to there. Turned off collision detection for players as well. If an arrow is in flight it picks the nearest other player, and if the arrow get within 30px of the player count as a hit. I think I've done all I can performance wise, so now back to polishing up the level UI, and artwork.

Played around with your idea there, Maybe just hood would work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If the name Hood isn't already taken then I think you have a new name

• I just recently posted a Team request here to speed up the development a bit.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/team-request-archer-multiplayer-game_t178529

... so if anyone would be interested in helping me out with this project check out the post and get back to me. Solo development is hard work and I would love to find someone to help me brainstorm and finish off the game.

• Wish I had the time. Would love to help out on this project

Your profile states that your location is Malta. Is that true? If I remember right you're swedish like me, right?

Anyway, I hope this gets finished. I really like it so far

• Wish I had the time. Would love to help out on this project

Your profile states that your location is Malta. Is that true? If I remember right you're swedish like me, right?

Anyway, I hope this gets finished. I really like it so far

Yeah you're right. From Sweden but currently living in Malta and working here. Ah, my background is also on 3d what software do you use?. In the case I don't find a c2 guru the 3D position will be up for grabs if they can match the style. Then I could focus on the code part. It's all about sharing the burdon. Haha. Although a sequel will probably be in full 3D.

Thanks for you feedback, and happy you like it.. The game will be finished weather I find a partner or not, it's just gonna take a bit longer. I'm getting eager to finish it. :p

• I see. Sounds nice

Here are some of my work in 3D.

https://linus1988.carbonmade.com/projects/5318005

https://linus1988.carbonmade.com/projects/5318009

It's not the same style as your game but I really like the minimalistic art style you're using.

So I hope you'll find a great partner and if not then I might be able to help when I'm done with my game

• Anonnymitet , Nice texturing ^^

tunepunk , do you plan to use photon cloud for multiplayer?

• tunepunk , do you plan to use photon cloud for multiplayer?

Not planning. I'm already using it. Try out the latest demo here on a mobile/tablet.

http://www.tunepunk.com/arrowheads

maybe u need to log in on 2 devices to try the multiplayer if there's no one else online.

• tunepunk , I successfully killed myself on 2 devices.. the artwork is really nice....and I found a little bug when you teleport your characters on a border of map, you are able to go outside the layout/screenview

• MadSpy Thanks for trying. Ahhh. Yeah that's a known little bug, it will be fixed once i put some scenery and props at the edge of the map.

Anonnymitet Nice work. Keep it up! What kind of game are you working on?

• tunepunk I'm working on the game in my signature below which is in early access on Steam. I'm finally getting close to the finish line. And when the game is finished it will be released on the Xbox One as well as I have an agreement with Microsoft.

So I'm eager to start a new project as this is my first game and I have learnt alot during this time. So my old events in this game aren't so fun to work with atm

Btw, will your game only be available on mobile?

• tunepunk I'm working on the game in my signature below which is in early access on Steam. So I'm getting close to the finish line. And when the game is finished it will be released on the Xbox One as well as I have an agreement with Microsoft.

So I'm eager to start a new project as this is my first game and I have learnt alot during this time. So my old events in this game aren't so fun to work with atm

Btw, will your game only be available on mobile?

At first the game will be only on Mobile - that's the plan. But I have Xbox and Steam and other platforms in mind as well. Once I've figured out a nice way to translate the pulling back and releasing the string mechanics of the touch controllers to something similar to be used with keyboard or gamepad I'll probably release for other platforms as well, but it has to feel right

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)