Action-RPG Gamekit/SDK (WIP)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
All you need to create an action RPG game, the Gamepack features sprites destined for instant use !
  • The layout transition is kind of similiar (circle that sort of zooms out from the door), but it was just a quick attempt to to not have a jerky 'jumpto' teleport after going through a door. I might add more frames and rework it...perhaps a spreading circle in the exact middle...that would be good.

• Hey there again, How is it coming along? I was going to ask you if you could help me with the attack with the sword! How close did you get it to be like a link to the past? Im asking because I started making my own adventure game in construct,(Unrelated to zelda) But I want the attack to feel like ALTTP's sword swing.

You can message me back here or my email, chase.gwaltney@yahoo(DOT)com

Thanks LaDestitute In advance!

• I need this in my life, right now!! Perhaps you can release on the Scirra store to fund more updates?!? I will be an early adopter.

I haven't looked too hard but none of the top down tutorials really fit 16x16 or uniform format. They are either grid-based (locked/not smooth) movement or some top down super shooter.

I'm open to ANY suggestions on how to get started on my Zelda-like.

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE WORK

• I've gotten back to developing this after a a month and a half break or so (out of laziness and life taking over), but here's some new work implemented!

(not really apparent as it doesn't need it's own gif, but a fully revamped hearts system is now in)

Mapchanging.

Behold, dynamic lighting!

Buzzblob in the wild. Rudimentary example wandering AI (will still hurt Link) but I have yet to implement the electrocuting part.

• Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Very nice to see developers studying classic games, learning is huge.

• Wow! I love Link to the Past! The programming is beyond my ability, my focus is pixel art. Maybe this could help.

• Any news on this? Will there be a release? I am interested in how you handled the lamp effect.

• Release should be...'soon', if after implementing most of the major items, the bug fixes before alpha release, etc, once all of the basic features get implemented. Soon in airquotes due to the nature of implementing more major items and bug fixes, which are a bit far off in the future, and I really don't know how much time will get devoted to implementing such.

I took a break from this, due to laziness mostly. Was working on a title animation, so there was a lot of gruntwork with editing multiple frames one by one. I've gotten back to that and the title animation should be done by tonight or tomorrow. Then is the fun stuff I'm looking forward to, which is savedata/savedata naming.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi LaDestitute, I'm currently building a Zelda-like myself for phones.

I'm having a little bit of trouble implementing these kinds of creatures: http://zeldawiki.org/Hardhat_Beetle

How do you make them move towards your character but not fall off a ledge?

I'm assuming you're using tilemaps for ledges as well??

• MPPlantOfficial So I'm making a side scroller game and I've got enemies that don't fall off "ledges" or platforms. I basically attached or pinned a small sprite to enemy sprites front foot ( or whatever) and the events say if the small sprite is not overlapping with the tilemap, turn the enemy around. Hope that helps!

LaDestitute Keep up the good work! This looks really cool and would definitely be a great addition to the store! How did you create the spinning triforce pieces into the title screen? Did you record video of ALTTP's intro or did you actually code that stuff?

• heyguy I recorded a gif of the intro from the real game, ripped all the frames from said gif into a folder and then painstakingly edited each frame. It was a lot of boring tedious gruntwork.

MPPlantOfficial Another solution is to use an invisible border before the ledge with a solid behavior (initially disabled) and having a 'conditional solid' activated or not depending on what overlaps with the border.

• MPPlantOfficial Another solution is to use an invisible border before the ledge with a solid behavior (initially disabled) and having a 'conditional solid' activated or not depending on what overlaps with the border.

MPPlantOfficial So I'm making a side scroller game and I've got enemies that don't fall off "ledges" or platforms. I basically attached or pinned a small sprite to enemy sprites front foot ( or whatever) and the events say if the small sprite is not overlapping with the tilemap, turn the enemy around. Hope that helps!

Both great solutions. Thanks guys!

• Savefile naming is almost fully functional. A couple of characters can be inputted as a test, such as A or B, I just need to event the rest of the english alphabet...so 50 more events to complete, if counting lowercase forms.

Everything else is functioning now, though, such as adding symbols/numbers, backspacing, character count limits (max of six), and switching between lowercase/uppercase.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)