A Small Robot Story (DEMO AVAILABLE) | Dev Log

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Holidays are over and I'm back at it!

Double-jump is working great and now I've added the dash. It will break blocks (for secrets!) and let you evade enemies. Small icon in the upper right lets you know when your dash has "cooled down".

Up next: charged shot!

• I'm still alive!

Here's a quick gif of Level 4 art. Just a start for now; still need to fill in the layers and make it feel more full.

Three big announcements:

First off, I'm now working in the game industry! I recently started working for Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) as a Digital Games Hub Coordinator. I've been super busy but I love the work I'm doing.

So because of the new job, I brought on a friend to help me finish the game. He will be designing some enemies and a boss and basically be handling a bunch of the coding. Hoping this will speed things up! Check out his games here: http://yesandgames.com/

Lastly, I'll be at GDC! I'll be near the college booths. Come stop by!

• the art is great i would love you to ask Jason if he could draw some assets for me in his spare time

• This looks amazing :O

Definitely enjoying the demo.

I have no complaints. Everything is working fine.

• Happy, even relieved that you keep this going. Oh i know too the pains (an pleasures) of developing one big project solo on your own -- but you're no more solo on your own, seemingly. Congratulations dude! ASRH keeps looking and feeling brilliant. Last level, level four?

• Happy, even relieved that you keep this going. Oh i know too the pains (an pleasures) of developing one big project solo on your own -- but you're no more solo on your own, seemingly. Congratulations dude! ASRH keeps looking and feeling brilliant. Last level, level four?

Thanks!

Yeah Level 4 will be the last one. Each level has at least 3 stages, so it'll be like Level 1-1, 1-2, etc.

• Excellent game, I just tested.

I missed a dash or slide because at various times where I pick up a card I need to walk long distances without any enemies on the screen.

• It has been a while I've been here but I am really glad to see how the game has evolved! And congratulations for the job in the industry too! =)

Will there be a MacOS compatible version?

• Seriously, this is so cool looking, really love the style you have going! I wanna play it!!!

In the meantime, I was wondering, which text dialog system did you purchase? It's exactly the look I was aiming for. I am eventually going to need a system for dialog, I am currently in the prelim takes of putting together a game concept brief.

• Hey everyone!

Development on ASRS slowed down a bit this March due to a ton of travel for work. BUT! I've got additional help both with development and art and things are moving forward. My plan is to finish content by May and use the summer to polish it. We'll see if I manage to stick to that schedule

Rotgut Thanks! I used the Magistross dialogue plugin. Super good!

I'm mostly focusing on the PC version (since that's the platform I'm developing on) but may do an MacOS version after the initial release.

guimaraf Thanks for the feedback! I've since eliminated the card/barrier mechanic. Levels are now more linear (similar to megaman levels) and good news: there will be a dash ability in the final release of the game

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Got this riot shield bot set up. Might make him taller so you need to double-jump him...

• Got our artist's new cut scenes in the game!

• The cut scenes look really good

• Development continues!

"Yeah that's cool dude, but you started this game 2 years ago. Where are you really at?"

Fair enough! Here is whats left:

• Level 3 and Level 4 design/layout
    • Code cut scene sequences for Level 3 and the end
    • Main menu
    • Polish pass
    • Steam integration
    • Probable frustration with nw.js export not working right

So that is a quick list of what is left. I'm not too intimidated by it since most of it doesn't consist of developing new things; just arranging things that are already developed. Just finished all enemies and final boss for the last level. Up next is level design for Level 3 and Level 4. To me, level design is a breeze and should only take a week or two.

Excited to see the end of the tunnel!

• Last level is almost complete. We're getting there!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)