why does my app go so slow?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • I can run in browser on android and it flies.

but when I create the cordova apk with intel xmx it goes so slow it glitches.

• Mobile devices are bad about Performance.

• Mobile devices are bad about Performance.

I have read that post about performance. It is not really helpful as my first app is just a flappy clone for testing how to compile an apk.

There are no ads so that is not effecting the performance.

there are only 5 objects in the game. the flappy, the pipes, the score and back ground.

when run as web app it flies on the same device so much so that I will need to set slower speed for pipes.

but when compiled as apk and run on the same device. it goes so slow that one tap is like 3 taps. it jumps up and up and up. so you can't even clear the first pipe.

Edit 1) I think I will try compiling without cordova and see what happens.

• Yea, try pre-compressing images too. C2 does some compression on export, but it helps more if you have smaller input images to begin with.

• Yea, try pre-compressing images too. C2 does some compression on export, but it helps more if you have smaller input images to begin with.

yah! I thought about that, but the manual said that did not have any effect on performance. Will see if that helps. I tried low dpi setting but did not see much of a difference.

Edit:) I also thought about trying phonegap it export to see if it would make a difference.

• Have you tried Cocoon.IO?

It still sounds strange with the description of what your game features because those things shouldn't have a problem running on mobile.

• I just created the phonegap build and it is a little better. but still slow, but the camera is working. Thank god for that as it is my main selling point of my snappy app collection.

see Snappy Flappy at link provided. for android and winphone so far as I don't have an apple dev account.

• Have you tried Cocoon.IO?

It still sounds strange with the description of what your game features because those things shouldn't have a problem running on mobile.

that's what I am saying. check out the demo release I just posted.

• > Yea, try pre-compressing images too. C2 does some compression on export, but it helps more if you have smaller input images to begin with.

>

yah! I thought about that, but the manual said that did not have any effect on performance. Will see if that helps. I tried low dpi setting but did not see much of a difference.

Edit:) I also thought about trying phonegap it export to see if it would make a difference.

I can assure you that it makes a huge difference. We have an overly enthusiastic artist who outputs images in the 2000x5000px size range, and I have to resize these images in an image processor before importing them into C2 otherwise we pay a hundredfold in performance.

I said compression, but I actually meant resizing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Yea, try pre-compressing images too. C2 does some compression on export, but it helps more if you have smaller input images to begin with.

> >

>

> yah! I thought about that, but the manual said that did not have any effect on performance. Will see if that helps. I tried low dpi setting but did not see much of a difference.

>

> Edit:) I also thought about trying phonegap it export to see if it would make a difference.

>

I can assure you that it makes a huge difference. We have an overly enthusiastic artist who outputs images in the 2000x5000px size range, and I have to resize these images in an image processor before importing them into C2 otherwise we pay a hundredfold in performance.

I said compression, but I actually meant resizing.

Thanks I will look in to compressing and resizing and see if it helps.

• Compression has no impact on performance, only on the size of APK.

Image size has obviously a huge impact on performance and memory usage. The bigger is the source image the more memory it takes no matter what sprite object size you have in your project.

Also engine has to up/downscale the image for the sprite object which takes CPU.

But a flappy bird like game has no right to be laggy. There is something wrong in your project probably. If you can send me the capx, then I could try to optimize it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)