[Urgent] How do I Size Images For Smaller Devices

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • My background is an image, and this is how it is on my computer.

Vs iPad

The background is just one big background. Any clues?

• You will need to change the fullscreen in browser settings in the configuration settings area. There is a big chance it has to do with the scaling.

• You will need to change the fullscreen in browser settings in the configuration settings area. There is a big chance it has to do with the scaling.

No, I've tried every full screen mode and they all result the same on the iPad. I've deleted the cache and everything to make sure. I can resize it on my computer and it works fine, its just when I load it on my iPad it doesn't work right.

• Sorry to hear that. I guess I can't help you out on this as I've never used an IOS export wrapper. Perhaps the others with more experience can help you out with this.

• Sorry to hear that. I guess I can't help you out on this as I've never used an IOS export wrapper. Perhaps the others with more experience can help you out with this.

I'm using the HTML5 export, the background isnt scaling on the iPad itself. I've emulated the iPad screen size on Chrome dev tools and everything is working fine there, but when I load it on my iPad is when it doesn't work right.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you using events to center your background? Is it on a layer with 0, 0 parallax? Is it a tiled background? We need more info mate!

• Are you using events to center your background? Is it on a layer with 0, 0 parallax? Is it a tiled background? We need more info mate!

I apologize for not providing more info! It was late at night, and I need this game done soon!

There are no events to center the backgroud, how could I do that? It's on the bottom most layer with the bottom most Z index. It's a sprite image with a size of 5020x1500 (the size of my level). Thank you for the reply.

EDIT:

The properties bar

• Oh man. You really need to go back and read through the tutorials and manual.

First off, your background does not need a physics behavior. Remove it.

Second, use an event "On Start of Layout > Set BackGround Image to WindowWidth /2, WindowHeight /2.

or better yet,

Third, use a tiled background. Create a small strip of blue about 24 pixels wide and the window height size for the height. NOT the layout size. Set that graphic as a tiled background and set it on its own layer. With a layer parallax of 0, 0. Then add in your clouds as sprites above the layer the background is now on.

Fourth, don't even consider this to be "done soon." I highly recommend starting with the beginner tutorials found here.

Fifth, come back with all of your questions, you will have a lot, and the community/myself will try to answer them as best we can.

Good luck!

• "On Start of Layout > Set BackGround Image to WindowWidth /2, WindowHeight /2

That's a classic mistake. If your intent is to place it in the middle of the viewport, then the correct expressions are:

(ViewportLeft("layer") + ViewportRight("layer")) / 2

(ViewportTop("layer") + ViewportBottom("layer")) / 2

OzairP - the quickest way to get help is to share your .capx so we can directly see what you've done. Otherwise all we can do is speculate. There are a great many ways you could get the result you've shown.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)