Unsolved Directional Behaviour (SOLVED)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy jumping mechanic with 8 direction behaviour. 9 EVENTS
  • I've only just started working with Construct 2 and ran into a huge problem that has basically halted the progress of my entire game. Whenever an 8Direction or Platform behaviour is attached to another object other than my player, it has some very strange movement behaviour, moving with my player's camera when it hits the edge of the frame and usually stopping completely.

Seriously have no idea what's going on and close to giving up as I've tried everything

• Did you set default controls to 'No' in the 8Direction/Platformer properties for the objects that you don't want the player to control with the keyboard?

Edit: I downloaded the capx. There is something weird going on there.

It took a while to spot the problem. Make your swordselect sprite visible and you'll see what's happening

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you set default controls to 'No' in the 8Direction/Platformer properties for the objects that you don't want the player to control with the keyboard?

Edit: I downloaded the capx. There is something weird going on there.

It took a while to spot the problem. Make your swordselect sprite visible and you'll see what's happening

Thank you so much, wow! That's some great detective work. Really appreciate it. Is there any way I can give you a medal

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)