Take cropped screenshot

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I'm making card maker for my own card game and i need something which which turns this humble of objects into an image.

Card maker idea is that there is text boxes where you type your text and they appear in text objects in 'card'. Setup is ready, just screen capture is needed.

I know to make a canvas screenshot & load it, but it takes picture from whole canvas element. I need to take picture from card only.

===

Aaaand is it possible to make thing that chooses images from your computer for sprite? I already have URL-based image setting but this could be more useful.

• With the canvas plugin (search it on the forum), you should be able to just screenshot the part you actually want.

As for choosing to display an image from the computer, the filechooser object is the way to go.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • With the canvas plugin (search it on the forum), you should be able to just screenshot the part you actually want.

As for choosing to display an image from the computer, the filechooser object is the way to go.

After a brief research I found nothing. Maybe I skipped something, but biggest problem is that English is not my primary language ^ ^' So there is los broblemos.

Can you paste link?

• You paste the part of the canvas you want inside, then you use the browser action invoke download : canvas.getimageurl to have the file.

• Lately I found another way to use to do it with only the snapshot action without the canvas plugin.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... rect2.capx

Basically you use "system->set canvas size" to set the image size you want, then you scroll to the center of where you want to capture and then take a snapshot. When it's done you then set the canvas size back to what it was.

• My deepest thanks to everyone

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)