[Solved] Problems regarding lag=Firefox and browser prob.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • No internet doesnt help.

All Windows updates are installed now.

In safe mode I couldnt make a preview from Construct 2.

Regarding the game you proposed, I dont feel the lag there, it seems that is affects html5 games. Ill try some other games as well.

That is the problem, if I want to make games in html5 and Im getting a lag there, well that maybe isnt the way to go. But Im not giving up just yet.

I have posted on a few techy forums for help, and we will see how it goes.

Its strange that this issue is resolution dependant like Ive posted before. It may be because of the monitor or graphics cards.. I dont know. But Ive tested on 2 monitors and both of them have the same problem, but both have a refresh rate of 60hz. This happens when I set a max resolution on these monitors. If I go lower the problem disapears on 1 monitor (but I get a blurry desktop), and on the other one is produced less.

Anyway thanks for your time and help, will update this thread once I find something out.

• [quote:2eay5pka]

Its strange that this issue is resolution dependant like Ive posted before. It may be because of the monitor or graphics cards.. I dont know. But Ive tested on 2 monitors and both of them have the same problem, but both have a refresh rate of 60hz. This happens when I set a max resolution on these monitors. If I go lower the problem disapears on 1 monitor, and on the other one is produced less.

That reminds me on something. In the early day of DVD-players I had one that was regioncode free. It could play ntsc(60Hz) and pal(50Hz) and I could switch the output of the DVD-player itself from 50Hz to 60Hz. So, I could play ntsc DVDs with 50Hz output and reverse and I had in one of this combination exact the stuttering you describe. Extremly visible by pan shots (scrolling ).

I don't have a clue if this is your problem, but then the refresh rate from Monitor and the graphic card do not correspond, but this would occur not only in the browser and what that all has to do with the screen resolution, I don't know.

• Hmm interesting. I wonder if it could be a problem with my Power Supply Unit or as I said some piece of hardware. Need to get to the bottom of this, some heavy troubleshooting ahead, even if it means trying to isolate each component piece by piece.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It seems that browsers (at least chrome, don't know about FF) are limited to 60FPS or maybe fix at 60FPS. Is it possible that the screen refresh of your graphic card is set to something other than 60FPS? And if you switch the screen resolution you switch the refresh rate too?

• It seems that browsers (at least chrome, don't know about FF) are limited to 60FPS or maybe fix at 60FPS. Is it possible that the screen refresh of your graphic card is set to something other than 60FPS? And if you switch the screen resolution you switch the refresh rate too?

I think you might be on to something.. I can set limit the frame rate for games ànd did so now to 60 FPS, but how to do it for Windows and browser?

Using the Construct 2 in debug mode (now previewing in Chrome) shows that the FPS is 60, but might that be not so?

EDIT:

I think Ive found some settings using an external Nvidia app, still Im having trouble. Getting into a lower res helps a lot, I need to do some reading on these issues regrding vsync tearing and FPS.

Did you have any FPS problems/ tearing? How did you go about fixing them?

• Ok time for an update.

I bought Construct 2 personal license, exported my game using NWjs, and the stutters are a little bit less noticable but they are still there. Additionally I am getting tearing now. I am changing the vsync and gsync values in my graphics card but dont seem to get any results. Do these work for html5 or NWjs files in terms of fixing tearing?

• [quote:1fhbwuy2] I can set limit the frame rate for games ànd did so now to 60 FPS, but how to do it for Windows and browser?

Using the Construct 2 in debug mode (now previewing in Chrome) shows that the FPS is 60, but might that be not so?

I can set global the refresh rate, but I have a graphic card from AMD. I tried 50Hz and 70Hz with both I had no problem with scrolling. So it seems the guess was wrong, refresh rate has nothing to do with the stuttering

[quote:1fhbwuy2]

Did you have any FPS problems/ tearing? How did you go about fixing them?

I had only once FPS problems and that was because of the windows update and that fix was easy.

• Ok time for an update.

I bought Construct 2 personal license, exported my game using NWjs, and the stutters are a little bit less noticable but they are still there. Additionally I am getting tearing now. I am changing the vsync and gsync values in my graphics card but dont seem to get any results. Do these work for html5 or NWjs files in terms of fixing tearing?

Your problems get really strange I had never tearing with construct either in browser or in NW.js. Can you set all settings back in your graphic card driver to default an try again?

Is it possible that you try another graphic card, maybe it's really a hardware problem or you could try at first another monitor-cable that's very unlikely that's the problem, but I'm really out of ideas.

• Your problems get really strange I had never tearing with construct either in browser or in NW.js. Can you set all settings back in your graphic card driver to default an try again?

Is it possible that you try another graphic card, maybe it's really a hardware problem or you could try at first another monitor-cable that's very unlikely that's the problem, but I'm really out of ideas.

I tried 2 different monitors with 2 different cables. No difference there.

I have set the graphic card settings to default a couple of times inbetween dialing up/down different settings.

Different graphics cards - unfortunately I have no such possibility, but you are right, that would simplify a lot and help troubleshoot if the problem is with the graphics card itself.

It would be nice to find another person with a Geforce GTX 960 to verify that its only me that is having such problems with construct 2.

But it seems that its not only me that is having such issues:

EDIT: Time to format my computer again, Im getting wierd artifacts in the browser with Firefox, I think the Windows live updates $(&@$ my computer up. But that cant be the issue I dont think, since I had problems before the updates, and I tried to remedy them by installing the updates. I hope its not a case of my graphics card and the Windows version, because Im not moving onto Windows 8 or 10.

See you after reformat.

PS. Do you think that it could be that my hard drive is too slow?

• I have a GeForce 960 GTX and don't have any issues with c2.

• IT HAS BEEN SOLVED!

1) After a new fresh format I have decided to open my computer case, take out my graphics card and my hard drive, detach it and clean the hell out of both of them using a air spray can for about 20 minutes with pauses. Then I took a brush and brushed all the dust the heck out of it.

Then I firmly connected both into their slots on the motherboard.

2)Next I downloaded Nvidia Inspector from guru3d.com, ran it and changed vertical tear control to standard.

3)Last but not least Ive reverted back to AERO theme instread of classic, because from what I read only AERO supports vsync for tearing.

Sorry for all the hassle everyone especially Asmodean, and thanks for your time

Hopefully now I can return to making games without any other problematic interferences!

• Congratulations.

That was my last idea after you wrote of artifacts, that it might be a overheating problem.

I'm happy for you that the problem is now solved.

• Asmodean Thanks!

Well I checked the temperature and fans before using diagnostic tools from my Windows desktop and I did not see anything suspicious after comparing my temperatures to those of folks on the internet.

But now that all is good its time to celebrate, with some fresh carrot juice and a loaf of freshly baked brown bread with chia seeds. Gutten apetit!

• 3)Last but not least Ive reverted back to AERO theme instread of classic, because from what I read only AERO supports vsync for tearing.

I think that was the real problem. I think on modern versions of Windows the desktop window manager (DWM) doesn't run in "Classic" mode, and modern browsers need DWM for hardware acceleration and v-sync.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)