Simple Map/Terrain with arrays?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • I've read through tutorials and hacked up freebie CAPX files but I just don't get it.

Does anyone have a link to a really simple tutorial on tile generation based on array data?

I've been manually placing sprites in grid formations and using random values/variables to make maps and dungeons. It seems to work pretty good but it doesn't seem ideal or proficient. I make sure the empty space tiles destroy themselves and my CPU doesn't seem to mind all the sprites but I bet with arrays I might be able to actually generate real maps and terrains including the boundaries at a more random/customized level.

• What you are asking is similar to asking McDonald how to create a better cooking tools to cook better fast food. Ask Burger King or other folks and they will all have their own gorgeous and ugly ways in doing their own thing.

From what you have mentioned in the second paragraph, you are pretty much learning and experimenting on what you are after. Keep on doing that and you will see better ways that really tailor to your need.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What you are asking is similar to asking McDonald how to create a better cooking tools to cook better fast food. Ask Burger King or other folks and they will all have their own gorgeous and ugly ways in doing their own thing.

From what you have mentioned in the second paragraph, you are pretty much learning and experimenting on what you are after. Keep on doing that and you will see better ways that really tailor to your need.

:/

I feel like my method is sloppy. I thought an array might be a little more clean.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)