Signature... construct2-r221-setup.exe is corrupt or invalid

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Attempting to download and install construct2, and getting the above warning in Windows7, which is not allowing me any option other than to delete the download.

• Looks like a corrupt download. Did you download it again and retry?

• Same thing happened to me, tried downloading again but same problem every time.

• says program signature is corrupt or invalid..

• is there a way to download an older version perhaps that does not have a corrupted or invalid signature, or a way to contact a developer?

• Did you try the torrent download?

• What browsers are you guys using ?

I've downloaded a new instance of the file a couple of hours ago and all went as intended.

Perhaps it was a temporary server issue, perhaps you need to try out a different browser.

When re-downloading, make sure to download on a different place of your hard-drive, to prevent re-writing over possible messed up clusters.

• I think the problem here is we used to use SHA-1 digital signatures on the installer, but Windows now regards these as insecure. We moved to SHA-256 certificates as on r222, so from that build onwards there should not be any problems.

From a cursory search on the web, I think you can still run the installer even when Windows tells you the signature is corrupt/invalid. I think you can right-click and choose "Run anyway" or something like that?

• From a cursory search on the web, I think you can still run the installer even when Windows tells you the signature is corrupt/invalid. I think you can right-click and choose "Run anyway" or something like that?

As for me, on W10 (W8/8.1 is similar), theres a Text-link on the left side of the warning-frame. The only button in it is "Close" (or something), on the other side there just a gray (depends on your colorsheme) text with "other actions" or "more actions" (Im not using the english language as os default, dont know whats in english) - when you click it, an another menu appears with "run anyway" options.

• lol thanks guys I was able to right click and run anways, simple solution makes me feel dumb but at least It works now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looking at File Explorer after 'save as' the file is there, downloaded, and can be run from there. Thanks for the feedback.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)