Set up WASD for 8 Directional movement?

• I've used the 8 Directional movement from the behaviors options, but who honestly uses arrows anymore lol...

I can see you can change the max speed and such for it, but nothing else. Is there a way to edit it further? Or do I have to make the 8 Directional movement from scratch?

I'm sure this question must have been asked before, but I did a couple searches and found nothing.

• Brian.
  • Add events:

Keyboard is pressing W - sprite simulate 8 direction pressing up..

etcetera

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • personally i recommend using platform movement but for 8 direction when you are adding an action just go into whatever has the behavior 8 direction and then click simulate control W, A, S, or D and for the event you will need to add the keyboard plugin to your project then do keyboard key is down again W, A, S, or D

• LittleStain and

I'm completely lost. The only thing I can see that even mentions 8DM is on the left panel but has nothing about controls other than one with a yes/no option and under events I open keyboard and have little luck after that... like I said. I'm a noob lol. Use to use Gamesalad.

• It's an event action in the event editor, not on the default page. This all could be found reading the manual entry for 8-Direction Behavior and its followup link Behavior Reference - Custom movement.

• LittleStain and

I'm completely lost. The only thing I can see that even mentions 8DM is on the left panel but has nothing about controls other than one with a yes/no option and under events I open keyboard and have little luck after that... like I said. I'm a noob lol. Use to use Gamesalad.

Open up your event sheet tab and add event..

To be able to work with keyboard events you should first add a keyboard object to your project..

It might be of use if you don't know about event sheets and/or events to follow a few tutorials from the tutorial-section of this page to get the hang of things..

• > LittleStain and

> I'm completely lost. The only thing I can see that even mentions 8DM is on the left panel but has nothing about controls other than one with a yes/no option and under events I open keyboard and have little luck after that... like I said. I'm a noob lol. Use to use Gamesalad.

>

Open up your event sheet tab and add event..

To be able to work with keyboard events you should first add a keyboard object to your project..

It might be of use if you don't know about event sheets and/or events to follow a few tutorials from the tutorial-section of this page to get the hang of things..

Yes i'd done that haha, but nothing else after selecting keyboard stands out.

I added a Keyboard. I know about event sheets system, characters, ticks and so on. Not perfect but I get the idea, same sorta system Gamesalad uses so I picked that up fairly quickly.

I will search for "This all could be found reading the manual entry for 8-Direction Behavior and its followup link Behavior Reference - Custom movement." Thanks everyone!

• I READ THIS THREAD THEN FIGURED IT OUT!!! Thank you ALL!!

• I READ THIS THREAD THEN FIGURED IT OUT!!! Thank you ALL!!

Glad you figured it out, but...

ehhmm..

The answer in that thread is exactly the same as my first reaction..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)