Questions about the NW.js export and it's Chromium browser

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed
  • Ok, so I noticed if I pull the Browser.URL while using NW.js it is using a chrome extension to act as the server and node.js server. The issue I've run into is that it seems is uses a random string. For example below are two "URLs" from two different projects I've built:

chrome-extension://akpjmbmhnbdcbojfbgjfipojpkjbnccc/index.html

chrome-extension://lojkaogdfgldklcmkcjijhonemjbldbk/index.html

My question is: That random string is important to the authorization chain I'm using with my Twitch integrated games... Is this string specific to each project, or will it change due to changing something in the project. I know it hasn't changed when I've changed the version, but it did change if I changed the name of the project. Does anyone know if it changes based off any other factors?

The reason I ask, I have to set a return URL in the Twitch APP settings for my app to call, and it has to match 100% or else authentication fails. There's the double issue of the fact that the URL needs to start the game again. I need to make sure this doesn't change so I can set the return URL on the Twitch side and not worry that the whole thing will break when I compile and ship new versions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)