Purge unused global and local variables?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Is there an option to purge/automatically delete all and any global and local variables that are not being used?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not that I know of..

It isn't nescessary for optimization, so only readability of your event sheets would improve..

I guess the easiest way to find out, would be to put the variable name inside the eventsheet searchbox and see if they are referenced inside events/actions..

• Shame, it would be nice to have such a feature, especially on a per event sheet basis.

• Shame, it would be nice to have such a feature, especially on a per event sheet basis.

Global variables per event sheet?

I don't get it..

But like I said, removing unused variables will do (almost) nothing for performance, so it seems like an unimportant feature to me..

• [quote:1g12htnt]Global variables per event sheet?

I don't get it..

Having an option to purge/remove unused global/local variables per event sheet. So if I have 3 event sheets, I only want to check and remove unused variables on 1 sheet, I click on that sheet and only remove on that sheet. Thus I have written, having such a feature based on a per event sheet basis.

[quote:1g12htnt]But like I said, removing unused variables will do (almost) nothing for performance, so it seems like an unimportant feature to me..

I mentioned this regarding event sheet aestethic and readability on a personal level for the programmers comfort.

That is a good reason to have this implemented in my opinion.

Its about performance during programing, but its also about having visually clear logic and tidy event sheets.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)