Preview over local network not working for me

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
[C3] Banner ads, Interstitial ads, Rewared video ads, Rewarded Interstitial Ads
  • Hey guys. I wanted to test my game so I did everything written here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/247/ho ... al-network

Now I first attempted this with one of those PORTABLE POCKET WI-FI devices, in fact I'm using one right now since I don't own a bulky paid monthly Wi-fi.

It wasn't working on my Samsung S5. At first I thought it was a device problem(maybe the pocket wi-fi isn't powerful enough), so I went ahead and connected the device to my PC Via USB CABLE and it still wasn't working.

I tried separate browsers on my phone, the default browser displayed a simple "Webpage not available" text and the Chrome displayed a blank white screen.

What am I doing wrong?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • First Question.

The preview on the PC, what is the adres in the adresbar ?

• Something that (as far as I know) isn't mentioned - you have to preview your game (run layout or debug layout)

• First Question.

The preview on the PC, what is the adres in the adresbar ?

It's

XXX.X.X.X:50000

Xs representing numbers in there of course. It's my IP.

I used the 50000-50100 range. I even tried enable it for public yet it still displays the blank

• Then on Construct's side nothing is wrong. Your Firewall is not blocking.

Remains some IT questions. Like, is the PC part of a home group. Is network discovery enabled ?

• Can you ping your computer (the firewall should not block this request) and ping your router?

With another computer use the command line and write following (of course with your IP address)

Ping 192.168.0.20

On a smartphone you would need an app like Fing

• Hey guys I tried it again on a different network and it's still not working.

It must be a PC problem. Any suggestions?

• Then on Construct's side nothing is wrong. Your Firewall is not blocking.

Remains some IT questions. Like, is the PC part of a home group. Is network discovery enabled ?

First group I tested it on was private.

The one I'm using right now is public.

Network discovery is enabled for both so I don't know what's wrong.

• Or it is the router, build in firewall ? You know that i am guessing, difficult to know when one can't see the setups.

Depending on your windows version, there is also a 'troubleshooter' in windows. Do a Google search on it. It usaly repairs it well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... bleshooter

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)