Prepare sound for IOS web browser (Safari & Chrome)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Hi friends,

I have uploaded a prototype to googledrive but when playing it with the Iphone it doesn't sound. I've read about exporting with Cordova and it creates what looks like regular HTML5 files, so I upload them and all I got is black screen, both in my PC and in the Iphone, so obviously I'm missing something.

What should I do to get sound working? Thanks!

• Some mobile browsers, especially Safari on iOS, won't let sounds play, especially music, unless the touchscreen is touched.

If that's an issue with music, I'd try adding music files as sound files in your project and treat them as sounds. Might not work, but I remember I wanted to try that out and haven't got a chance yet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some mobile browsers, especially Safari on iOS, won't let sounds play, especially music, unless the touchscreen is touched.

If that's an issue with music, I'd try adding music files as sound files in your project and treat them as sounds. Might not work, but I remember I wanted to try that out and haven't got a chance yet.

I've tried already, but still no sound. I think it's because of the sound format, that should be mp4, but yesterday I tried to change it to MP4 and now PC runs it but on Iphone it crashes when loading is complete, so I'l redo everything again and test it. Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)