Platform: collide with particular tile=is on floor?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
slide the tiles to fill the board.60 awesome levels.
  • Is there a way to trigger "is on floor" when colliding with a particular tile (or various "floor" tiles) and not an entire tile set? I find adding a "floor object" separately is hindering various things, mainly the simplicity of viewing what I'm doing in the editor, and it's difficult to always see what I'm missing to make a "floor" or obstacle.

If this has been accomplished, an example would be awesome!

• Almost a week since posting, no replies, very few views. I hope I can bump without any issues.

• I guess you could take the x and y position of the bottom of the sprite and convert it to a tile x and y with the tilemap expressions. Then you could check one tile below that and see what tile it is.

• Use mask types (or invisible collision sprite) as collisions instead of the sprites? thats what Im doing for my project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use mask types (or invisible collision sprite) as collisions instead of the sprites? thats what Im doing for my project.

That's what I've been doing, but after 150 plus layouts it gets tedious and there should be some kind of method of specifying a tile or tiles that can be designated as solid or even platform objects. It strikes me knowing what I know that it IS possible, but I lack the general skill to just do it, it would take a month or so of reviewing old code, experimenting, and implementing it without bugs. Surly there is someone here more familiar with the processes involved.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)