Particle Collions & Selective Array Actions?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • 1 - Top-down shooter, similar to what one gets following the Beginner's guide.. But I am trying to use Particles rather than a sprite as a projectile.

Is there a way to apply collision testing on particle Within C2? (I can do it by hand outside but I'm trying to stay within C2 to see how far I can stretch it)

2 - In the same game, enemy objects are spawned by in-game processes, and clearly added to an array. But how can I apply actions to only Some members of that array within C2? (eg. a random value to determine 3 possible actions, checked for Each instance of the object / tick)

I want to say, I am rather enjoying Construct 2.   I have been writing games since Turbo Assembler was still the language of choice, and watched things evolve over the years... but to see it reach this point, is simply amazing.

• Only way I know to have particles that can test for collision is making your own particles instead of using the C2 plugin. So, is the same to have a regular projectile.

Regarding the second question I dont think I understand what you are trying to do. Maybe I need some sleep...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was tied up for quite some time, and just got back around to trying out C2.

The 2nd part of what I was asking was how to create Separate actions for entities in an array.

Say I spawn a new enemy every 10 seconds, and n enemies have now appeared.

I want to step through the array and randomly determine Each of their actions rather than applying one action to all of them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)