Opening a project with missing addons.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • When i try to open a project file i get a message saying "The project you are opening uses addons that are not installed".

I installed the missing behavior it said was missing and i still can't open it?

Any ideas?

• Did you install the custom behavior/plugin in the right directory?

<drive letter> (if not C:/<programs directory>/Construct 2/exporters/html5/

From here, you have two different folders:

behaviors

plugins

If it's a behavior (the thread will say something like it'll show up in the default add behavior dialog), it goes in behaviors. Otherwise, plugins.

From there, make a new folder in the sub-directory (plugins or behaviors), name it the new plugin or behavior and drop the files into the new folder.

• Did you install the custom behavior/plugin in the right directory?

<drive letter> (if not C:/<programs directory>/Construct 2/exporters/html5/

From here, you have two different folders:

behaviors

plugins

If it's a behavior (the thread will say something like it'll show up in the default add behavior dialog), it goes in behaviors. Otherwise, plugins.

From there, make a new folder in the sub-directory (plugins or behaviors), name it the new plugin or behavior and drop the files into the new folder.

Yes. It's in the right directory. The third party behavior works on new/other projects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Might be a version issue then. Remove it and what is the exact message?

• Might be a version issue then. Remove it and what is the exact message?

"The project you are opening uses addons that are not installed:

Behavior 'Platform MoveTo' by Rex.Rainbow

Please install the missing plugins, behaviors or effects and try re-opening the project. Note projects can be opened with effects missing. but not with plugins or behaviors missing."

Like you said it might be a version issue because i have the plugin and have used it on other projects. Any ideas how to get around this?

• If you have a CAPX file, replace the .CAPX with .ZIP, in the name, to change it back to a zip file, then extract it to get the full project back. Edit the *.caproj file with a text editor. Near the top will be all of the plugins and behaviours. Look at the version of the MoveTo behaviour.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)