My player walks through walls

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello everyone, my name is Francisco, and i have a problem.

First, sorry for my english, i'm from Argentina.

My question is, how can i make my player, don't walk through the walls, and solid objects?

I put a sprite into a Layout, and i wrote the event: Touch and move with mouse (with a target). Everything goes fine, until my player pass through solid objects and walls and everything in the "map".

[Moving with keys on the keyboard doesn't make tihs, but i wan't the same with the click and move (mouse) event]

There is a way i can make my player walk but when it hits a solid object stop, and can't pass through it?

I use all the behaviors and configured them, but i'm going crazy

Again, sorry for my english, thanks for your time.

If its possible, give me a .capx project.

With affection, from Argentina, Francisco

PS: if this is a repost, tell me and i'll delete this.

Thanks

• You either need to make your player solid too or use a behavior like 8-direction or platformer that interacts with solid objects.

• I can't believe that, too easy, i just forget the behaviors of my "player" and i was going crazy.

(Sorry, i thought that i did it)

Thanks for your quick reply C-7

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Another problem, my player, don't pass through object, but it don't stop when it hits a solid object, i mean in the 8-direction behavior (or platform) (already configured) my player hits and still moving, and dont stop... what about it ?

I will try to write something like: when hits (sprite) speed = 0, but it has a lot of sprites with solid behavior

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)