Multiple Sprites and multiple collisions

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Hi all,

I have been recently creating a game called 'shark extinction' Not sure if I will put it on the app store, but I noticed something which worries me quite a bit if I want to continue to use construct 2.

In my app there are several types of fish the shark has to eat to get bigger. Here is the link if you want to try it (PM me if you want the sprites).

4shared.com/android/YScOIT7J/SharkExtinction_2013_04_21-13_.html

However there are too many sprites with collisions on the scene and it becomes too slow and the FPS decrease substantially. I have read the tips to increase performance, such as limiting the number of sprites and decreasing the amount of collisions, but then I see many other games (most apps on the market) have a lot more sprites than my simple game. I have changed 'If overlapping another object' to 'Every 0.3 seconds' and then 'If overlapping another object' but that just makes it less responsive.

Is there a way around this? Because most of the games I want to design have several collisions and sprites.

For example I am thinking of making a game which the user is a white blood cell and has to consume pathogens.

Any help would be appreciated :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)