Keep bullets from changing angle after its set.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • I have been using construct for a while and I am in the middle of creating my core gameplay for my project.

Everything has worked out for me so far(after a ton of trial and error obviously), except my ranged attacks.

I want the arrows to shoot at the "targeting" sprite which is placed at mouseX/Y upon clicking. I got this working but if i click again to shoot another arrow, the previous arrow(s) will change direction to the "targeting" sprite which has now moved to a different spot. It was sort of cool at first and maybe I will use that later once I know how I did it XP. but for now it is not what i need.

In short my question is: How do I keep previously released bullets from changing direction when I click somewhere else to release another.

Apologies for not uploading the project but something went wrong with that so i said screw it to trying again and decided maybe one of the construct wizzes would know what to do without the visual aid.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without seeing your capx I believe this to be the problem:

Try picking only the spawned arrow

You could do this with an arrow on created event or just use a subevent after the spawning.

Right now you are picking all instances of the arrow, so they all will set course to mouse.x,mouse.y

• Without seeing your capx I believe this to be the problem:

Try picking only the spawned arrow

You could do this with an arrow on created event or just use a subevent after the spawning.

Right now you are picking all instances of the arrow, so they all will set course to mouse.x,mouse.y

Frustration Gone. Thanks a ton for pointing that out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)