How to create a construction and management sim?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of vector game assets contains ground tiles and several objects, used for creating platformer games
  • Hello all!

I was hoping to be able to find this on my own, however I am unable. I am relatively new to construct 2, created only about 2 simple games with it. I am a license holder. I am looking to try and create a construction and management simulation game. Kinda like you build a town. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks!

• Create houses, create people, make them do things and when one thing happens make sure that some things can't happen anymore and other things must happen.

seriously, what would you want to be able to do? what should the player do and when?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Management games are essentially massive interconnected sets of data that the player can manipulate, that run autonomously, and that have graphical representations of their actions. Creating such a game would be a mammoth undertaking and would require an extensive knowledge of Construct and programming principles. I would strongly recommend against going in for this sort of project so early in your C2 career.

Make a few more games, ramping up the complexity as you go along. Practise creating functions that run without player intervention; learn how to manipulate data with and without player intervention; learn how to create complex user interfaces. Start off small and go from there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)