How i remove this error

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • how i fix this error Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:/// protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)

• how i fix this error Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:/// protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)

As mentioned in the Manual:

[quote:2r09bucx]

You must export then publish (i.e. upload) the project before anyone else can play it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could use Dropbox, (referral here https://db.tt/p5qml4Vb)

Then when you export to HTML5, export it to the public folder in your dropbox folders. After it's finished, right click on the index file and choose "Copy public link."

You can then paste that in your browser window or share it with a friend who can open the link in their browser.

(dropbox keeps a copy online where it's possible to play it.)

• go to index.html then remove this part

<script>

// Issue a warning if trying to preview an exported project on disk.

(function(){

// Check for running exported on file protocol

if (window.location.protocol.substr(0, 4) === "file")

{

alert("Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:/// protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)");

}

})();

</script>

then SAVE. i hope i helped you

• go to index.html then remove this part

<script>

// Issue a warning if trying to preview an exported project on disk.

(function(){

// Check for running exported on file protocol

if (window.location.protocol.substr(0, 4) === "file")

{

alert("Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:/// protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)");

}

})();

</script>

then SAVE. i hope i helped you

Just because you remove the notification doesn't mean that the game will work. It is the browsers own security that will proevent some features of the exported game from working, so removing the warning is not really the answer.

An analogy would be getting an 'oil warning' light appearing in your car so you decide to remove the bulb. The problem still exists, but you've just removed the warning.

• > go to index.html then remove this part

> <script>

> // Issue a warning if trying to preview an exported project on disk.

> (function(){

> // Check for running exported on file protocol

> if (window.location.protocol.substr(0, 4) === "file")

> {

> alert("Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:/// protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)");

> }

> })();

> </script>

>

> then SAVE. i hope i helped you

>

Just because you remove the notification doesn't mean that the game will work. It is the browsers own security that will proevent some features of the exported game from working, so removing the warning is not really the answer.

An analogy would be getting an 'oil warning' light appearing in your car so you decide to remove the bulb. The problem still exists, but you've just removed the warning.

ohh i see. so far my mobile games are working fine when even i remove that script

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)