How do you make a X based event based on the rigth side?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your own spaceship for your side scroller space shooter games with various components.
  • What i am aiming at is to make one sprite always be a certain distance away from the left side of one sprite and another sprite always be a certain distance away from one sprites rigth side. You can make it to so it always is on the left side of the sprite be making the event every tick and set X Sprite.X-750 tex. But making it always be on the rigth side of the sprite is more problematic. I firts thaugth you needed to set X to Sprite.X--750 tex but that makes the sprite always be on the left side like the first sprite. The next option would be set X to Sprite.X750. No - in other words. But i can't find a way to write it so Construct accepts it and make it a working event. So how do you do it?

• Hey Cal,

It just uses regular readable maths so its either Sprite.X-750 or +750

Upload a cap.x if you are still having issues as its so much easier to help that way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Cal,

It just uses regular readable maths so its either Sprite.X-750 or +750

Upload a cap.x if you are still having issues as its so much easier to help that way.

Okay so it is + instead. I thaugth only variations of - worked since for platform set vector x it is no - and number for movement to rigth and - and number movement to the left so i thaugth just set x was the same but i guess not. Thanks for the help anyway. It was helpful and nice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)