How do you make a sprite stand on fast moving platforms?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of 76 platform designs for a platformer game with a mushroom/jungle theme
  • How do you make a sprite whit the platform behavior be able to stand on fast moving platforms? When my player sprite land on a fast moving platform they either fall trough it or just get pushed away in some way. You can also make the platform really big to make the player be able to stand on them but i don't want every fast moving platform to be really big and like whit sides it doesn't work all the time either.

• Cant you just pin it when it lands on the platform ?

• That works in some instances but in some other instances i want my player to be able to move when it is on the platform.

• You could unpin the player when you want to move?

Another way would be to clamp the players x-position to the platforms boundingbox left and right if overlapping at offset..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This post is empty becuase the thing i wrote here doesn't matter anymore.

• This post is empty becuase the thing i wrote here doesn't matter anymore.

Why not just delete your post?

The 'X' in the post header allows you to delete your own posts.

• I'm not used to working with the platforming behaviour, but wouldn't something like this work:

(if only moving along x)

player is on platform: set player.x to player.x + platform.speed * dt

This should overlap your other movement. It you want the player to carry over momentum from jumping off the platform, you'd need to add some code for it, too.

• I said that pinning the player to the platform works in some instances but it really doesn't. The player can land on the platform and stand on it fine but it it can't jump off it most fo the time and it often falls through it when it changes animation and the player needs to be able to jump off the platform and switch animations on it. So i need another solution both for the player to be able to stand onthe platform still and move on the platform.

• I said that pinning the player to the platform works in some instances but it really doesn't. The player can land on the platform and stand on it fine but it it can't jump off it most fo the time and it often falls through it when it changes animation and the player needs to be able to jump off the platform and switch animations on it. So i need another solution both for the player to be able to stand onthe platform still and move on the platform.

Pinning should work just fine if you do it the right way..

On any moving key pushed first unpin and then simulate the behaviour and you're ok..

The other idea I gave was using the clamp, which should still work, or try the above solution by mindfaq..

So there's already three possible ways described in this thread, need more?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)