How do I Use Waits

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • So I'm working on this game that uses 80's style graphics, which means a lot of on screen code. That also means a thick typing cursor that blinks on screen constantly. Unfortunately, I can't get the whole blinking... or moving thing done.

For the blinking, I have the code in its own event sheet. the code goes:

System Repeat Infinity times

Cursor (name of the text sprite I'm using for the typing cursor) Set Invisible

System Wait 1 seconds

Cursor Set Visible

System Wait 1 seconds

I'm not sure what it is, but I can't seem to get multiple waits working on the same sheet on another event sheet as well (also concerning the "Cursor" sprite font).

Gods of coding! Help!

• Well it seems to me this event is triggered every tick, so every tick you are setting invisible and every tick you start the wait one second etcetera..

• You could do it this way

sprite is visible

system wait 1second

sprite set invisible

system wait 1second

sprite set visible

• Cursor (name of the text sprite I'm using for the typing cursor) Set Invisible

System Wait 1 seconds

No, that doesn't seem to work. Perhaps it's because it is a sprite font?

(I'm new, so I don't know to much, so pardon any seemingly dumb questions please)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Where did I say that?

Your quote was nothing I ever said..

What is "(name of the text sprite I'm using for the typing cursor)" supposed to mean and do?

• My bad. it was supposed to be your suggestion. I got the same result as always. The cursor just stays there. Doesn't blink or move or anything.

And that section in parenthesis just explains the name of the font sprite. "cursor" is just the name for it.

• [quote=]That also means a thick typing cursor that blinks on screen constantly.

Why didn't you do this with a two frame animation? Put your square in the first frame and let the second frame empty. Now put the animation on loop.

• Ok, nevermind. I just started a fresh project and it worked. I don't know what I did on that other project. Sorry!

• double post

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)