How do I use 8-direction without automatically turning?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Character Sprite Pack: Walk 4 Directions made in illustrator
  • Hi.

I'm trying to create a 8-direction character and I'm using the 8-direction movement that comes with C2.

The problem is that when I leave the character between angles, for example, between 0º and 90º, the character turns right when I release the movement keys. It happens with all between-angles. In the end, my character can only stop facing 0º, 90º, 180º and 270º.

I've tried creating my own movement and it works, however I can't create acceleration, deceleration, friction...

It there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:hdatjvtr]Set angle

Whether or not the movement should also affect the objects angle. 360 degree (smooth) will always set the object's angle to the current angle of motion. 45-degree intervals will set the object's angle to 8 possible directions. 90-degree intervals will set the object's angle to 4 possible directions. No means the behavior will not set the object's angle at all, which is useful if you want to control this yourself with events (e.g. to make the object point towards the mouse cursor).

• So if I understand it will always do that no matter what?

Sorry but english is not my first language, i don't know if i got it right...

• No what is being said is that by using the "set angle" tab you can set it to 90 and 45 degree intervals or if you want nether of those select no.

• Ok, i get it why the sprite moves during motion, but why does it have to change when it stops? Its annoying...

I'm working on other things so i don't get mad about it and give up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)