How do I update my game without sending an update?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • How do I send an update to my game without sending an update to the app store? I'm trying to make holiday specials. But I don't want them to update in the store, because if they forget to update, they won't get it.

• wouldnt it be far more easier to just send a new one in the store with a holiday theme and then take it down once the holiday is over ? And perhap a one time free token for such holiday for those that purchase the original one ? Wouldn't that generate more money for you ?

Might be mean but its their choice ?

• It's a lot of work to publish an update to Google play though.

• no no no im talking about a brand new one with the holiday theme one rather then an update.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • But how?

• Original game and then just put a 2nd game up there that would be like Original game +holiday Theme and then once the holiday is over then take it down. Sort of like a impulse buy because it going to be up for a certain amount of time.

• But this is not what I'm looking for. I don't want to do anything to the play store. Think about it, what if I couldn't send an update, or publish another app to the store. How could I update the app live?

• Does your game connect to a server? Do you have push notifications in your game? Do you have every user's email address?

If you did it could be possible to update the game or at least send a message with a link to download and install. You would need to have this functionality already built into the game though and the user would have to have "Unknown Sources/Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store" enabled in their settings.

Otherwise, there is no way to update your game except through the Play Store updating process. Basically, you're looking at a lot more work than if you just went through the Play Store.

• But I don't need to spend any more money to connect to a server. I already have the personal licence. Lot of money. How do I do push notifications on c2?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)