How do I test IAP for IOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Soldier Test
$9.99 USD
A Construct version 2 & 3 "Stand-alone" RPG game with "In-Game Module" (IGM) integration.
  • RenatoB

Thats strange. I am able to use all the above mentioned Cranberry plugins and build on CLI 5 without any issues

1. So you created a totally new project on XDK and used the newly exported files right?

2. Also have you updated the ChartBoost plugin from Cranberry?

3. You dont have anything in the PLUGIN Management screen?

Just need to know, so that I can think of other possible issue

• SamRock

I had included the chartboost plugin through plugin manager, as the intel support asked for. I removed it and the game was built. I have some tests and now the Revmob/Chartboost ads are working thanks for your information. Thank you!

The orientation code is working very well for me. Did you inserted this code in the addition file? I put it in the end. Did you try it?

• Just now I managed to build the iOS app with Intel XDK, I didnt wanted to do that because I just wanted a simple Cordova app that I could manage and deploy on Xcode, but due to the problem with IAP not working on that build, and the nonexistent reply from Scirra I had to try that.

Nevertheless to build it was easy, I just got confused with my provisioning profiles and certificates but at the end I managed to have it builded successfully and deployed it on a device.

Results:

Official IAP Not working

Cranberry IAP Working good

With the Cranberry IAP plugin I was able to successfully make a purchase, I also got store listing and store available.

I will do some more testing for performance on the Intel XDK to see if its allright, then when I get home from work I will write maybe a tutorial on how to get all this working at least for the Intel XDK.

As far as I am aware having had to go through the same pain, the official IAP Plugin does not allow for single item one off purchase e.g. A load of coins, Cranberry's IAP does. Also if you get his plugin there are examples of how to use it for anyone not too sure.

• I am using cranberry's facebook, admob, and unityads plugin and got them all working. To get unityads working, I needed to remove it from additions.xml and add it through the plugin manager. Otherwise, I followed the directions of Sang Ki on the following page:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/186 ... index.html

For example, to get the facebook plugin working, I had to change what was in additions.xml and replace it with what is shown on the page (with my id and name of course):

<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-facebook" intelxdk:value="https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-facebook" >

<intelxdk:param intelxdk:name='APP_ID' intelxdk:value='311180863621111' />

<intelxdk:param intelxdk:name='APP_NAME' intelxdk:value='Avoid Bird' />

</intelxdk:plugin>

Hope this helps.

• SamRock

I had included the chartboost plugin through plugin manager, as the intel support asked for. I removed it and the game was built. I have some tests and now the Revmob/Chartboost ads are working thanks for your information. Thank you!

The orientation code is working very well for me. Did you inserted this code in the addition file? I put it in the end. Did you try it?

Glad to know that you got it working! Yes that was the trick, remove plugins included in Additions.xml from Plugin Manager

(For others, this is only for iOS, on Android you need to manually add plugins using Plugin Management screen and clear the Addition.xml file)

And yes, I have included you code both on top and bottom of the file still no result. Have yuu added the device Orientation plugin by any chance? Also how did you make ur Sound work?

• Glad to know that you got it working! Yes that was the trick, remove plugins included in Additions.xml from Plugin Manager

(For others, this is only for iOS, on Android you need to manually add plugins using Plugin Management screen and clear the Addition.xml file)

And yes, I have included you code both on top and bottom of the file still no result. Have yuu added the device Orientation plugin by any chance? Also how did you make ur Sound work?

Man, you helped me a lot. More than a month trying to solve this issue. Thank you!

I don't understand why the code isn't working for you. Did you check the orientation in the C2 panel and in the Intex XDK build settings? Both have to be set to the landscape orientation.

About the sound, I didn't do nothing. Did you verify if the m4a files are in the media folder?

• RenatoB yes man. Its all set to Landscape. Now, I am even calling the browser->Landscape action.

The sound files are all in m4a format too

• RenatoB yes man. Its all set to Landscape. Now, I am even calling the browser->Landscape action.

The browser action didn't work for me. You had commented about the cranberry orientation plugin. I tried to use but when the ads opened, the screen decreased and stood in the corner. A very strange behaviour. Did you removed this plugin and others from the project panel, right?

[quote:18ffldkp]The sound files are all in m4a format too

Did you create the sound files or encoded them? Did you try to use other sound files to verify whether the problem are your files or not?

• > RenatoB yes man. Its all set to Landscape. Now, I am even calling the browser->Landscape action.

>

The browser action didn't work for me. You had commented about the cranberry orientation plugin. I tried to use but when the ads opened, the screen decreased and stood in the corner. A very strange behaviour. Did you removed this plugin and others from the project panel, right?

[quote:2o528fsb]The sound files are all in m4a format too

Did you create the sound files or encoded them? Did you try to use other sound files to verify whether the problem are your files or not?

Okay, so this is definitely Facepalm worthy!

I didnt know that was a fishing MUTE button on Apple Devices

Sorry this is my first experience with Apple iPad (I borrowed it to test the game). The audio was always playing!

Only thing is, few sound are bit distorted, I guess I need to encode with higher frequency?

• Okay, so this is definitely Facepalm worthy!

I didnt know that was a fishing MUTE button on Apple Devices

Sorry this is my first experience with Apple iPad (I borrowed it to test the game). The audio was always playing!

Serious?

Don't worry. Things like this happen to me all the time

[quote:2aqlt51l]Only thing is, few sound are bit distorted, I guess I need to encode with higher frequency?

I don't know if the problem is the frequency. Did you use the "Trigger once while true" to reproduce your audio file?

• RenatoB

[quote:1m4md88x]Don't worry. Things like this happen to me all the time

Yeah man!

Now, I only need to fix teh Orientation issue. Funny thing is the game starts in Portrait but when I press "Home" button and then come back to the game its locked in Landscape and doesnt change back to Portrait anymore. For soem reason it doesnt start up in locked Landscape mode

Not sure if the issue is on iPad only. Do you have an iPhone to try it? Do I need to add new devices to Provision file to allow testing?

[quote:1m4md88x]I don't know if the problem is the frequency. Did you use the "Trigger once while true" to reproduce your audio file?

No I am not using the event. I am reading few thread that talking about distorted sounds. Will let you know the finding

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:1ct5zbh7] Do you have an iPhone to try it? Do I need to add new devices to Provision file to allow testing?

Yes for both questions.

[quote:1ct5zbh7]No I am not using the event. I am reading few thread that talking about distorted sounds. Will let you know the finding

Sometimes the audio is played in an overlapping way. So, you need to use that "trigger" to restrict it to play once.

• Can someone make a complete bible how to use iap, game center, ecc for ios with xdk and sell it on scirra store?

I sure will pay for that

thanks

• Hey RenatoB

Sorry for late response. Let me know if you would like to try my game on your iOS device. I will need your mail ID which you can PM me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)