How do I switch Layout Size?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hey guys. I built my game using the "new empty project" option that first appears when creating a new game.

Now that I want to export my game to fit multiple devices, I want to switch to the "new sd portrait 4:3 project".

I tried looking at the project properties but it just doesn't seem to give me the option.

Now at least simply Copy-Paste Objects from from project to project but the events are the problem.

Is there a way to switch layout size?

• You want to change the window size, which can be found under project properties

The layout size can be set when you select the layout at the right menu

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's the problem. I can't seem to set window size to 4:3. It doesn't give me that option.

What if I want to run my game on a device that has 1800 x 960 resolution or something? The sprites will appear all stretched?

• From page 1:

"The short version: don't target one resolution

A common misconception is that you need to target a specific resolution, like 1280x720. However, there are so many different resolutions used that it's ridiculous to pick just one. It's much better to pick an aspect ratio, then scale the game to fit that. For example, instead of 1280x720, target the 16:9 aspect ratio. (Just enter any 16:9 resolution for the window size in Project Properties.) Enable Letterbox scale in the Fullscreen-in-browser project property, and now your game should appear correctly on any 16:9 resolution."

From what I understand, if you want your game to appear on a 16:9 (or in my case 4:3 ratio) you HAVE TO pick the "SD 16:9 project" or "SD 4:3 project" when first selecting your project before inserting even the first object or event. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that. The Project Properties thingie only allows me to TYPE IN my desired resolution.

Am I misunderstanding this tutorial?

• just insert any resolution with the ratio you want and apply fullscreen letterbox scale or integer scale if pixel style game

if device is larger or smaller than the ratio you inserted, there will be black areas in order to avoid stretching

• just insert any resolution with the ratio you want and apply fullscreen letterbox scale or integer scale if pixel style game

if device is larger or smaller than the ratio you inserted, there will be black areas in order to avoid stretching

Great! Thank you so much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)