How do I stop text overflow?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • In my game, I have 2 text boxes. If I over fill them both, one of them just stops displaying characters, while the other continues to display characters outside of the provided space.

Is there a specific reason why this happens? Is there a way I can set it to NOT overflow, and stop displaying the characters that spill over?

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AnD4D

text boxes do not dynamically grow, so you must have made one of the boxes bigger than you want. You can change the Wrapping in the properties from Word to Character. If it is set to Word and your text has no spaces, then it will display nothing if the text doesn't fit.

You could also truncate the text, or edit it in some other way when you insert it into the text box...

without seeing more about what is happening, it is hard to say...

• AnD4D

text boxes do not dynamically grow, so you must have made one of the boxes bigger than you want. You can change the Wrapping in the properties from Word to Character. If it is set to Word and your text has no spaces, then it will display nothing if the text doesn't fit.

You could also truncate the text, or edit it in some other way when you insert it into the text box...

without seeing more about what is happening, it is hard to say...

That's what I thought, but my game is begging to differ. When I set the sprite text box to a fixed width, then repeatedly add text, the text doesn't stop appearing, but will flow over and spill into the surrounding areas to the right. That's if I don't use any spaces. If I use a space, it'll appear correctly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)