How do I set text system?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Animated Text
$3.99 USD
With AnimatedText behavior you can make an impression of the text being “typed live”.
  • I would like to set some text in an object .

for exemple, put these letter to the object.

but when for exemple, A is on the first object on the top, if a click on B, this one should go under. I wanna make an order.

and when I take off the A, the B should go to the top and take his place. I would like to make it for 10-20 letters.

I know I should use array system but I still don't much understand how it works...

• You are going to have to track the content and UIDs of each sprite using instance variables and do a lot of comparisons on click.

• You are going to have to track the content and UIDs of each sprite using instance variables and do a lot of comparisons on click.

I don't understand, how can I track the content and UID?

• can someone help me?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, sorry for the late reply. I overloaded my feed and missed a bunch of replies.

You can either track by UID or by an instance variable that ties the text and sprite objects together. I think the instance variable would be easier for you.

You want to add an instance variable named "id" (or whatever) to both the Text and Sprite objects that you are using and add a number for each of them that correspond together, e.g. your 'C' Text would have an id=3 and your red box Sprite would have an id=3, while 'B' would be id=2 and your green box Sprite would be id=2, and your 'A' would be id=1 and your blue box Sprite would be id=1.

Then when the user clicks on the red box, you can check the id of the box that was clicked on versus the id of each text box and delete the corresponding text and then move the remaining sprites/text up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)