How do I remove tilemap object from other layouts

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I created a tilemap on the first layout and duplicated that entire layout for a second level. I want to be able to change the tilemap for the second layout but I don't know how to remove it (if I delete it it removes it from layout ) from ONLY that layout leaving layout 1 intact.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not exactly clear in what you want to do.

In the properties of the Tilemap Object (left side of window) is the 'Image/Edit' option that you can use to load a new image for the Tilemap.

Use the Tilemap option 'Import TMX' if that's what you are after.

• Thanks for following up. I can't post a capx until I get a little more rep but for now, let me try and explain a little better. When duplicating the entire layout 1, the layout 1 tilemap ( and only tilemap at this stage) exists on layout2. I want to simply delete/remove the tilemap from the layout without affecting layout1. When I delete the timemap object from layout 2 however, it completely deletes it from the object list breaking layout1.

I tried building layout2 from scratch but I cannot get the game resolution to look identical to layout1 for reasons unknown to me. This forced me to try and create the second layout using the 'Duplicate' tool.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)