How do I publish to Wordpress?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I created a shooter game from the beginners tutorial and want to show it on my blog. However, I can't figure out how to publish to Wordpress. It is a paid blog not the free ones.

• Best bet, export to HTML5 then just upload your files and just post a link on your WordPress blog or you can view the index.html source and add it in your Wordpress site.

• I created a shooter game from the beginners tutorial and want to show it on my blog. However, I can't figure out how to publish to Wordpress. It is a paid blog not the free ones.

Can you upload a .PHP file to your Wordpress theme in a paid account? It's been close to decade since I last used Wordpress, but this might work.

1) Open up the index.html in an editor, and add the following to the very top:

<?php

/*

Template Name: ChooseYourOwnTemplateNameHere

*/

?>

2) Whatever you chose for your template name, rename index.hmtl as that with the extension .PHP

3) Upload all the files for your game to your current Wordpress theme.

4) Create a new page in your Wordpress dashboard for your game.

5) Change the template name to the one you created for your game in the page options.

• Hi, rustic123.

If you are hosting your own Wordpress installation, you can easily integrate your own HTML5 game by:

1. Install the Iframe plugin in Wordpress
    2. FTP the game to your server
    3. Create a page/post, use the iframe plugin shortcode, and link to your game on the server. If you have a responsive Wordpress theme, the iframe plugin takes care of scaling for you.

The only real issue we've experienced with embedding games like this is with iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod). They don't seem to play nicely with iframes at all.

Until Apple gets its code sorted out, you should be able to play your HTML5 game on an iOS device if it not embedded in an iframe.

Hope that helps!

-John

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • After some thought, I agree with KazaaMafia (Johxn's idea is good too). I think the simplest thing you can do is find someone to host your game, like the arcade here or maybe Newgrounds, and then create a games page for it on your Wordpress blog. Maybe on the page you can explain what the game is, include some screenshots of it and then link a play button to the actual game. It may feel more seamless that way.

Update:

Just found this link. Maybe it will help you?

C2 Wordpress Plugin

• Thanks, I added it to the archive and created a link to a picture. That works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)