How do I preview compressed project?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Was messing with export options for some sprites and decided to turn them to jpeg with 0 quality just to see if that works in preivew. Turns out it doesn't - all sprites are high quality as usual. True quality shows up only after export and that's understandable cause compression takes additional time.

But my question: how do I preview a project with compressed sprites? Is it possible? If not then we miss a necessary option cause we won't be able to analyze the game properly at least on phones and tablets(I think so).

Oh and a sub question - does jpeg or PNG-8 compression help increase performance on mobile devices?

Forward thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • because jpeg and png-8 compression only change the download size and nothing in-game (all images are fully unpacked in the memory) using compressed sprites in preview wouldn't make any difference in performance.

So while playing the game a 64x64 pixel sprite will use 64x64x4 bytes independent of the compression or format it was saved with.

• Gaaaaaah sad to hear this

Anyway thanks for the info!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)