How do I optimise loading screens?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hello last weeks I am little confused in settings of loading screen / splash screen etc, on mobile export using Intel XDK.

I want to know how can I make only 1 loading screen and that will be fully editable, is it possible?

I read and tried many things about that and this is my problem:

In Construct 2 you can set one type of loading screen from these pre-created (like: percentage, logo, progress bar etc...), but you cannot edit it.

In Construct 2 you can also make loader layout where you can create any loading screen you want.

Finally at the end when you are making build in Intel XDK you can set there some image for splash screen.

Intel XDK is the first (during the loading) you can do not add permission for splash screen and then there will be a white screen for a while (if I am right).

During the loading second one is the pre-created loading screen from C2, okey you can set there nothing but there will still be a little moment with black screen for this phase.

Last thing is the loader layout you can use it or not...

I want to achieve only one phrase of loading is it possible or how can I improve that? Now on start of game screen flashing (white, black, loading with black background and then finally game) it is not very nice . I will really glad for any help or suggestion.

• Hello last weeks I am little confused in settings of loading screen / splash screen etc, on mobile export using Intel XDK.

I want to know how can I make only 1 loading screen and that will be fully editable, is it possible?

I read and tried many things about that and this is my problem:

In Construct 2 you can set one type of loading screen from these pre-created (like: percentage, logo, progress bar etc...), but you cannot edit it.

In Construct 2 you can also make loader layout where you can create any loading screen you want.

Finally at the end when you are making build in Intel XDK you can set there some image for splash screen.

Intel XDK is the first (during the loading) you can do not add permission for splash screen and then there will be a white screen for a while (if I am right).

During the loading second one is the pre-created loading screen from C2, okey you can set there nothing but there will still be a little moment with black screen for this phase.

Last thing is the loader layout you can use it or not...

I want to achieve only one phrase of loading is it possible or how can I improve that? Now on start of game screen flashing (white, black, loading with black background and then finally game) it is not very nice . I will really glad for any help or suggestion.

If you see it through. You will find it as an advantage actually. Imagine 3 Splascreens for your Branding, it is actually nice.

My suggestion would be to:

1) Choose the Progressbar & Logo option and change the icons in the (Project Bar --> Files --> Icons) into your Game App Icon. This will be the 2nd Splascreen

2) Enable Loader Layout

3) Make a cool Loader Layout with effects(not necessary the WebGL effects) because this will be the 3rd Splascreen of your game and this time you can already tap into the features of Construct 2.

3) Make the 1st SplashScreen. It should be a PNG Image. And this will be shown first in your game loading.

4) Import the 1st Splashscreen PNG Image with the required size into IntelXDK in the samefolder of the IntelXDK Project Folder and input it in the Project Build.

Trust me if you do these procedures properly and make the splashcreen great then you will not regret it. It will make your game look professional. Look at the splashscreen of Gamevil and you will see what I mean. They have 2-3 splashcreens and it makes their game look professional.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you see it through. You will find it as an advantage actually. Imagine 3 Splascreens for your Branding, it is actually nice.

My suggestion would be to:

1) Choose the Progressbar & Logo option and change the icons in the (Project Bar --> Files --> Icons) into your Game App Icon. This will be the 2nd Splascreen

2) Enable Loader Layout

3) Make a cool Loader Layout with effects(not necessary the WebGL effects) because this will be the 3rd Splascreen of your game and this time you can already tap into the features of Construct 2.

3) Make the 1st SplashScreen. It should be a PNG Image. And this will be shown first in your game loading.

4) Import the 1st Splashscreen PNG Image with the required size into IntelXDK in the samefolder of the IntelXDK Project Folder and input it in the Project Build.

Trust me if you do these procedures properly and make the splashcreen great then you will not regret it. It will make your game look professional. Look at the splashscreen of Gamevil and you will see what I mean. They have 2-3 splashcreens and it makes their game look professional.

Thank you for reply. Okey I can imagine that but I would like to know how to set that image in Intel XDK. There are 4 slots for splash screens but with little different sizes when I want to build mobile app with resolution 960/1280 how can I set there some image that will not scale (with broken ratio)? I cant find any more detailed settings in Intel XDK.

Next thing, can I modify that pre-created loading screen in C2? I know I can load my image like a logo but what about that progress bar (size, spacing, color, style, etc...)?

• BUMP any idea? I want to know if can I modify C2 pre-created loading screen and how to modify Intel XDK splash screen (in other way than only load images)?

• Ubru - Sorry for not replying, I just noticed this post now.

You want to use the IntelXDK Splashscreen and your game is 960/1280. What you are going to do next is make a splashscreen image with the size of 960/1280 then resize them smaller 4 times with respect with the aspect ratio. But luckily, there is an automated way by using the Android Asset Studio:

Link:

https://romannurik.github.io/AndroidAss ... tches.html

Since you want to have 4 splashscreens resize, so first set the Source Density to (XXHDPI).

Second, import your "960/1280" splashscreen.

Third, Set Edit Mode to "Stretch Region" or whatever part you want that will happen when the screen size is bigger than that of your game window size.

Fourth, Download Zip.

Fifth, Import the images from lowest to highest in the IntelXDK (MDPI, HDPI, XHDPI, XXHDPI(The Original))

PS: Android Asset Studio makes also makes your Splashscreen stretch even in broken aspect ratio in mobile devices since it is turned into a 9patch image that stretches the part you assigned in the AndroidAssetStudio image editor grid whenever the splashscreen doesn't fit on the screen. But you need to have 4 sizes since 9patch images can't shrink, that's why Android Asset Studio makes different sizes and IntelXDK requires 4 sizes.

[quote = Ubru]Next thing, can I modify that pre-created loading screen in C2? I know I can load my image like a logo but what about that progress bar (size, spacing, color, style, etc...)?

As I said, you have to use a loader layout.

First, Enable Loader Layout on the Project Properties.

Second, Your first layout is your loader layout and replace your default.

Third, Design your loader layout. Tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/318/ho ... ng-screens

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)