How do I On window close (x)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • How do I fire event when X is clicked to close window?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • keyboard On key X pressed --> Browser Close

you mean to close the window, or maybe you meant fire an event after the window is closed?

• When I click the X in the upper right of nw.js window, fire an event before closing. I can't find any way to do this.

• Perhaps by creating a state triggered by pressing X condition. Once triggered, event is executed, once this event is executed, close window

• You don't understand Fraktal.

Ashley , there is no current way to check if window is closing in nw.js

I want to save data to file before user clicks X to close window, but can't because the nw.js object has no condition for this.

We need a condition to check if window is closing.

This is important so that user doesn't lose their progress if they close out. At the moment if I X out of program, nothing can be saved. So a condition that checks is needed.

• Here's a reference on how to do it with JavaScript:

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/window

My next question that I'll have investigate later is if you can access nw.js with JavaScript with the browser plugin.

If that's possible we can execute a few lines of js at the start of the game that will call a c2 function when the window closes.

Edit:

I'll assume for a moment that you can access nw.js with the browser object.

You'll need the function and browser objects, then execute this js at the start of the layout:

"var gui = require('nw.gui');

var win = gui.Window.get();

win.on('close', function() {

c2_callFunction('nw.js close',[]);

});"

Then add this event anywhere. I should be called before the window is closed.

On function "nw.js close"

--- do something

If the js causes an error so it doesn't work I'll have to look into it further when I get a chance.

• thanks, i'll try that out!

• Prominent

Here's the working script for the latest nw.js:

"var win=nw.Window.get(); win.on('close', function() {c2_callFunction('nw.js close',[]); win.close(true);});"

I had forgot to make it actually close after the trigger. You can change 'nw.js close' to any function name you want to use.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)