How do I make pathfinding stop lagging?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • I have a movement set up for my character that makes it use custom movement + path finding. Custom movement when mouse button is down, and path finding when once clicked.

I made it work perfectly as I wanted, but there is one problem with path finding: my character lags when he stops walking and i click him to move again. The character then moves in a very slow speed towards position for like 0.5 seconds and then starts moving normal speed again. This doesn't happen every time, but very often.

Now, how do I fix this lag? I tested different cell sizes, tried turning off custom movement. But nothing helped.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had same kind of problem with a game i am working on right now.. I eventually done away with pathfinding because of the issues I was having. I ended up using the bullet behavior because it is smoother and I have more control of it..

If you figure anything out let me know I would like to use pathfinding if it works correctly...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)